• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

All sports

"Moos, hired weeks after Eichorst’s firing, had written into his contract an escalating bonus tied to Directors’ Cup finishes. He gets $100,000 if Nebraska finishes 30th or better in the standings, $112,500 for 25th, $125,000 for 20th or $137,500 for 15th or better."

Good for him putting this in his contract. Will be interesting to see what he does moving forward. Pretty bad considering we had a national championship in the mix. Too many coaches are way too comfortable in their jobs.

This isn't really an "I told you so" but then again......This was one of my biggest arguments against SE. It didn't seem like anything but Volleyball was showing improvements with many of them digressing. Its going to be a long road but upgrading coaching and financing some of these programs is going to be a must. Every single program needs to address recruiting, culture and development in a similar fashion as the football team is doing.

As well as they may be liked......Miles and Erstad are probably on a short leash.

This isn't really an "I told you so" but then again......This was one of my biggest arguments against SE. It didn't seem like anything but Volleyball was showing improvements with many of them digressing. Its going to be a long road but upgrading coaching and financing some of these programs is going to be a must. Every single program needs to address recruiting, culture and development in a similar fashion as the football team is doing.

As well as they may be liked......Miles and Erstad are probably on a short leash.
Agree with the Miles and Erstad, I can't remember what coaches he let go already but I love the incentive pay for better finishes in the Directors Cup...which BTW I want ware it even existed. I vaguely remember hearing about it in the past. At least our pay increases again this year and should help with the funding of better coaches and whatever else they need.

Miles yes. Erstad can pretty much say when he wants to be done after winning our first conference title in the Big 3 in over a decade and winning B1G coach of the year last year. Erstad has done nothing but help us in this threads subject the last 6 years, being conference champion or confernce runner-up 4 of the last 6 years.

Last edited:
Agree with the Miles and Erstad, I can't remember what coaches he let go already but I love the incentive pay for better finishes in the Directors Cup...which BTW I want ware it even existed. I vaguely remember hearing about it in the past. At least our pay increases again this year and should help with the funding of better coaches and whatever else they need.

I would like to see more reduction of base pay and more incentive pay. As far as coaches I know the mens golf team and tennis team coaches were fired. In tennis Kelly was here for 37 years and was 1-11 in B1G matches this year. In golf we were 11th out of 14 teams in the Big despite being one of the most southern locations.

Last edited:

Miles has to be tournament or bust this year, no? The “we got jobbed by the committee” is only a one year excuse I’m guessing.

Miles yes. Erstad can pretty much say when he wants to be done after winning our first conference title in the Big 3 in over a decade and winning B1G coach of the year last year. Erstad has done nothing but help us in this threads subject the last 6 years, being conference champion or confernce runner-up 4 of the last 6 years.
We will have to agree to disagree. This isn't a strong baseball conference. Directors cup is a Nation Ranking and in the last 4 of 6 years we have scored points based on being 49th place twice and 33rd place twice. Hardly a ringing endorsement. Nebraska as a state hosts the CWS and hosted the B1G tournament and we can't even qualify to get into them. We have in-state baseball players all over the country that bypassed Nebraska.

Miles has had a couple bad runs, he has had a couple good ones. We need to get some "guys" who will stick it out. Its been somewhat of a revolving door with BB players.

Erstad I'm really surprised at. I thought he would really bring Baseball back. Injuries have been an issue. But that is getting to be just another excuse. He NEEDS to get to the CWS!

Last edited:
Thank God for John Cook...

Maybe John Cook should get another raise on top of the raise he just received a couple weeks ago for having a program at the university that is actually relevant and achieves results on the national level?!! :thumbsup:

0033847-zkza-640x360.jpg

We will have to agree to disagree. This isn't a strong baseball conference. Directors cup is a Nation Ranking and in the last 4 of 6 years we have scored points based on being 49th place twice and 33rd place twice. Hardly a ringing endorsement. Nebraska as a state hosts the CWS and hosted the B1G tournament and we can't even qualify to get into them. We have in-state baseball players all over the country that bypassed Nebraska.
Not the forum for this discussion, but until the B1G lifts their scholarship restrictions, we aren’t going to do much better nationally. Arkansas recruited 23 guys this year for baseball, that’s how many we could recruit in 2016, 2017, and 2018 classes combined. You can only have 27 guys on scholarship, nearly turned their entire roster over in one recruitng class. Imagine if Alabama was able to pull in 75 recruits every year and cut who they don’t want and we were relegated to the normal 25 for football. And then being mad Scott Frost can’t keep up. That’s B1G baseball. And that’s why the baseball team everyone is chasing in this confernce (Indiana) has lost two good coaches to non scholarship restricting conferences the last 4 years.

Last edited:

This is what concerns me most about Erstad.

I do not understand letting local talent get away.

Not the forum for this discussion, but until the B1G lifts their scholarship restrictions, we aren’t going to do much better nationally. Arkansas recruited 23 guys this year for baseball, that’s how many we could recruit in 2016, 2017, and 2018 classes combined. You can only have 27 guys on scholarship, nearly turned their entire roster over in one recruitng class. Imagine if Alabama was able to pull in 75 recruits every year and cut who they don’t want and we were relegated to the normal 25 for football. And then being mad Scott Frost can’t keep up. That’s B1G baseball. And that’s why the baseball team everyone is chasing in this confernce (Indiana) hasn’t lost two good coaches to non scholarship restricting conferences the last 4 years.

Will the B1G change these self-imposed restrictions? If you are putting yourself at a competitive disadvantage, that is just dumb.

The Big 10 is a mid-major baseball conference. With all of its advantages in other sports, Big 10 baseball is a joke. Its minor league for college. If I was a top flight baseball player that wasn't going pro, I wouldn't play in the Big 10 no matter how much of a fan of the Huskers I was.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back