• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Alexis Markowski - (Add) 'National Freshman of the Week'

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
(
:ph34r:
I'm surprised you let me beat you to the scoop on this @bugeaters1 (you must be at work) ;) )

Markowski, a 6-3 forward/center out of Lincoln Pius X High School, averaged 17.0 points and 7.5 rebounds last week in home games against No. 8 Michigan (Jan. 4) and No. 22 Iowa (Jan. 9). The 2021 Nebraska High School Player of the Year, Markowski made her first collegiate start in place of an injured Bella Cravens in NU's 79-58 win over the No. 8 Wolverines at Pinnacle Bank Arena.

Nebraska's Alexis Markowski was named the national freshman of the week by the United States Basketball Writers Association on Tuesday.

That comes one day after she was the Big Ten freshman of the week for the third time this season.

Last edited:

(Saw this elsewhere:)

The following is from the "Connect and Compete" article on Alexis written by Jeff Griesch last July:

Growth and improvement were cornerstones of Markowski's high school career. As a freshman, Markowski missed the entire basketball season with a foot injury. Being forced to sit out the entire 2017-18 season had a major impact on Markowski's approach to the game.

"I learned a lot during my injury. I realized that every day on the court is a gift and can be taken at any time," Markowski said. "I also realized how much love I have for the game of basketball. Before my injury I took the game for granted."

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back