• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alcohol sales at TCF Bank Stadium a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formo

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
So, if you haven't heard, recently the MN legislature passed a bill allowing alcohol sales at The Bank. This has been somewhat a hot topic to many Minnesotans because some are stuffy people who would rather eliminate drinking altogether and some are stuffy in that they think going to a football game without booze is blasphemous.

Anyway, I thought this video of Coach Kill expressing his thoughts on the sales of booze at The Bank is spot on and another piece of evidence that he 'gets it'. NOTE: He references Nebraska and the great environment y'all have in Lincoln on fall Saturdays.

[video=youtube;V2_ehLJbdW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V2_ehLJbdW0[/video]

Thanks that was fun, how is his health by the way?

He keeps his health issues pretty low key. But it sounds like after his big episode, he still had struggles with seizures and as you may remember checked himself in at Mayo Clinic. Ever since being out, it sounds like they've been stable. But the lack of information on them doesn't mean he's seizure-free (as he's said, they've been apart of his life ever since they found his cancer). The best thing for everyone to do is educate themselves on seizures and how while they look tragic and terrifying, they aren't as bad as they look.

I like Kill, cool guy, love the joke at the end!! I agree with him though, it's part of the atmosphere.

It's a slippery slope to allow alcohol inside the stadium. Most responsible fans will be ok... it's just those few, unless your in the SEC then forget about it. It will be interesting to follow this through out the year to see if more incidents occur.

Attendance may go up but you better believe concession proceeds will go way up. Even if there is a slight increase in incidents it will be hard to drop when the $$$$ starts pouring in. Personally I hope this never hits Lincoln and can't envision that ever happening but will be interesting to watch what progresses out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back