• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alabama recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurbankHusker

Recruit
2 Year Member
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

in this rivals team recruiting you can change the year at the top & go back to the team recruiting rankings for each yr.....it's a numbers game....the team with the higher number of stars is gonna be at the top as long as they have a lot of recruits.....

as example, texas in 2012 was rated 2nd, but they had 28 recruits.....this yr, 2013, they were rated 24th, but they only had 15 recruits....yet in both yrs their average star rating was 3.6.....

last yr, 2012, no way nebr would make the top 15 cos we only had 17 recruits.......

but my question on bama.....here's the number of recruits they have each yr on rivals....
2013=25
2012=26
2011=22
2010=26
2009=27
2008=32......

aren't we only allowed 85 players on schollies total.....add up any 4 yr period for bama & they are over 100.....how the hell do they do that.....does Saban tell the ones that aren't worthy each yr to pack up & go home.....I really don't know, obviously most of the rest of us aren't having those number of recruits every yr, including texas....

SEC finally joined the rest of cfb with a 25 schollie limit. It's been known for years about their, technically not cheating because it isn't in the rule book, way of oversigning.

Furthermore, scholarships are on a yearly basis in the SEC, so they don't feel any obligation to renew them if the athlete isn't living up to the hype, are injured, or they simply find better athletes. Last I knew, only the B1G used 4 year scholarships as a way to entice prospects.

Last I knew, only the B1G used 4 year scholarships as a way to entice prospects.

I thought that was funny. These guys don't think about the consequences for the actions today, much less for 4 years in the future. Besides, it's pretty clear, recruits don't care about the 4 year agreements.

It makes sense to any mature middle aged guy, but the kids don't care.

SEC finally joined the rest of cfb with a 25 schollie limit. It's been known for years about their, technically not cheating because it isn't in the rule book, way of oversigning.

Furthermore, scholarships are on a yearly basis in the SEC, so they don't feel any obligation to renew them if the athlete isn't living up to the hype, are injured, or they simply find better athletes. Last I knew, only the B1G used 4 year scholarships as a way to entice prospects.

Right. I don't agree with it, but until the NCAA steps in or puts them on probation it's just senseless griping on our part.

I thought that was funny. These guys don't think about the consequences for the actions today, much less for 4 years in the future. Besides, it's pretty clear, recruits don't care about the 4 year agreements.

It makes sense to any mature middle aged guy, but the kids don't care.

Disagree. The vast majority understand the importance of a college education and make their plans accordingly.

If they cared about a one year guarantee versus four wouldn't the B1G be more dominant?

It's all about The League.

They have so many true juniors going pro so they turn around the roster in 3 years instead of 5 like at NU. Nothing to see here just most over hype it as a way to say they cheat as they win so much. just look into it and you can see they have better players and look at this draft most ever for one conference to get players drafted...73? and next were ACC, big 12 and big 10 in the 20's....big difference. Heck LSU had 11 juniors going pro at pro day.

They have so many true juniors going pro so they turn around the roster in 3 years instead of 5 like at NU. Nothing to see here just most over hype it as a way to say they cheat as they win so much. just look into it and you can see they have better players and look at this draft most ever for one conference to get players drafted...73? and next were ACC, big 12 and big 10 in the 20's....big difference. Heck LSU had 11 juniors going pro at pro day.

That's a very good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back