• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alabama-LSU produces lowest TV rating for national championship in BCS era

Status
Not open for further replies.
So most people felt like this about that.....

yawning__1220901657_91071.jpg

This is exactly what CTBugeater was talking about in the "Is anyone else blowing off the MNC game??" thread yesterday. I noticed that about 40%, or possibly more, of the responses from what would be considered college football fans stated they would not be watching the game. It looks like that was the trend throughout the nation.

Yup...

This is exactly what CTBugeater was talking about in the "Is anyone else blowing off the MNC game??" thread yesterday. I noticed that about 40%, or possibly more, of the responses from what would be considered college football fans stated they would not be watching the game. It looks like that was the trend throughout the nation.

exactly, imo its because while a lot of people are college football fans, it is becoming more and more clear to most that college football is being taken over by espn and one cheating conference (SEC). people are growing tired of it and most have better things to do than support something like that. of course i cant speak to why others didnt watch the game but as for myself and about 15 of my immediate family it was for these reasons. until this blatant oversigning is stopped i dont consider the SEC any kind of champion. sports are supposed to be about trying to beat an opponent with fair play and good sportsmanship but it seems only some make an attempt to play by those rules and few are held to that standard.

I'm not surprised the numbers were low. The ratings on ESPN for the BCS games have been trending down for a couple of years. Throw in a game that wasn't going to draw in the casual fan, had even die-hard college football fans not tuning in, and you wind up with a low number. IMO, it all goes back to the fact the BCS stretches things out over too many days. There's no need to play the BCS title game after the NFL playoffs start, unless it was done so through a playoff-like setup.

I said this in another post, but before the BCS was created, the Orange, Sugar, and Fiesta were putting up higher ratings, despite the fact they were competing against each other New Year's night. Part of it was because they were on networks, and not on cable, but most of it, IMO, was because those games were played on a holiday, and had some sort of stake in a national championship, more often than not. Thankfully, some sort of change is coming to the BCS.

ESPN pays them a mila-fraction of what they do the BCS....so they probally are making money for the network....bottom line for ESPN is $$ and they are losing I suspect big $$ over the past three years....sponsors do not like paying huge $$ for a product that is being seen less and less....then there is the Super Bowl....:) :)

BCS is on life support and the plug is about to get pulled...thank goodness....

couldn't be more wrong...THe commissioners are meeting and there is 0 talk about a playoff.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sioners-playoffs-youre-talking-about-playoffs

y'all need to stop wishing and and accept

Hard to stay awake...the hype much more entertaining than this game.
Love to see Bama's defense against the Ducks offense.

Bleacherreport = National Enquirer....

Incorrect...looks like a +1 will be the first start........and unless the ratings improve with a +1 ESPN/ABC will pull out of this mess....they don't like losing money

Because big money has taken the game away from the NCAA and its once-upon-a-time concept of amateur college football.....

couldn't be more wrong...THe commissioners are meeting and there is 0 talk about a playoff.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sioners-playoffs-youre-talking-about-playoffs

y'all need to stop wishing and and accept

Last edited:

Bleacherreport = National Enquirer....

Incorrect...looks like a +1 will be the first start........and unless the ratings improve with a +1 ESPN/ABC will pull out of this mess....they don't like losing money

Because big money has taken the game away from the NCAA and its once-upon-a-time concept of amateur college football.....

You saying then the NCAA football D 1 should lose it not for profit status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back