• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Akron AD statement about NU not rescheduling them:

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member
:Lol: This is pretty funny

"They didn't want to compete at our level,'' he said.
"Severe disappointment,'' Williams said

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2018/09/nebraska_shuns_akron_zips_to_p.html

Wasn't it the Zips who jumped right on that airplane back to Ohio instead of sticking around trying to figure out how to play that game in the first place?

Sorry boys, no play no pay. And heck, Moos has said we'll pay for their travel expenses - but I think splitting them would be fair too given Akron's unilateral decision to head back to Ohio right away.

Akron blows out of town like they are on fire and now tries to shift the blame to Nebraska? Laughable... The only thing this has to do with is... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ period.

Screw Akron and that little beyatch Terri Bowden. They had a chance to play us and chose not to.

I also like the fact that the plan for Nebraska is to be in the B1G Championship Game in December.

Last edited:
We can scoff all we like, but there were plenty of comments on the board after they beat Northwestern that we could be 0-3, instead of 0-2. I'm not 100% sure we didn't really want to reschedule based on our current comfort level with this team. Scared? No, but when we have the flexibility of who we can face, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that we chose a lesser opponent. Some of that could also be the financial benefit of playing someone who would take a smaller paycheck.

We can scoff all we like, but there were plenty of comments on the board after they beat Northwestern that we could be 0-3, instead of 0-2. I'm not 100% sure we didn't really want to reschedule based on our current comfort level with this team. Scared? No, but when we have the flexibility of who we can face, I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that we chose a lesser opponent. Some of that could also be the financial benefit of playing someone who would take a smaller paycheck.

I am guessing from the pay standpoint it will be a wash by the time we pay Akron (whatever the agreement will be) and BC. I can't imagine the preference being playing an FCS team over any FBS team, but you never know, I would be disappointed though if 'comfort level' played into anything relating to this decision.

I think their position may have a different take if they were 0-2 and not 2-0, having just beat Northwestern. Ego is a muscle, just add fame and watch it grow ! (Kudos to Warren Haynes)

Last edited:

I am guessing from the pay standpoint it will be a wash by the time we pay Akron (whatever the agreement will be) and BC. I can't imagine the preference being playing an FCS team over any FBS team, but you never know, I would be disappointed though if 'comfort level' played into anything relating to this decision.
There were comments about 'teams we'd rather not play' in another article, because of the problems those teams have caused FBS teams in the past. This is about getting a win, I don't see it as anything more, and I don't blame them for that philosophy. I wondered if it were going to be a wash, because I'm thinking we'd have to at least pony up some travel money for Akron, as they have already paid for travel once. At least that's my guess.

Last edited:
Did any of you watch Akron v Northwestern?... yeah thought so. The game was a complete and total fluke of a game gifted to Akron by Northwestern.

Northwestern outgained them by 124 yards... in the span of 10 minutes Akron scored 3 defensive TDs.. a 97 yard Pick 6, Strip Sack Fumble in the End Zone and a 50 yard Pick 6....

I would reckon that any team that is as pedestrian as Northwestern can be, gives the other team 21 pts in the 3rd and 4th Q... they have a decent shot of losing.

Last edited:
Did any of you watch Akron v Northwestern?... yeah thought so. The game was a complete and total fluke of a game gifted to Akron by Northwestern.

Northwestern outgained them by 124 yards... in the span of 10 minutes Akron scored 3 defensive TDs.. a 97 yard Pick 6, Strip Sack Fumble in the End Zone and a 50 yard Pick 6....

I would reckon that any team that is as pedestrian as Northwestern can be, gives the other team 21 pts in the 3rd and 4th Q... they have a decent shot of losing.

Not unlike NU's two losses.

I think their position may have a different take if they were 0-2 and not 2-0, having just beat Northwestern. Ego is a muscle, just add fame and watch it grow ! (Kudos to Warren Haynes)

Points for quoting "Hattiesburg Hustle"!

IMG_0281.GIF

Not unlike NU's two losses.

Maybe not be but turning the ball over is one thing... turning it over while giving the opponent a TD on the same play is another. I would agree that the punt return was on par with the bozo things NW managed vs Akron...

But I also think Troy would soundly beat Akron on most days too...

Last edited:

Maybe not be but turning the ball over is one thing... turning it over while giving the opponent a TD on the same play is another. I would agree that the punt return was on par with the bozo things NW managed vs Akron...

But I also think Troy would soundly beat Akron on most days too...

I think Troy wins as well. I'm also not that high on NwU. Nebraska has the potential to be a much better team than any of the aforementioned. They just have to start playing like it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back