• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Akol Arop N!

It will be interesting to see if all the people ripping on Miles for not recruiting in-state talent will show up and give him credit. They have refocused big time.

Elite athlete with a nice wingspan. I’m very interested to see his development this year. His offensive role should change a lot. I think he will have to play the 3 or the wing in college.

This is interesting in a lot of fronts. Recruited our first kid from Omaha since his brother. His family apparently wasn't as upset about what happened to his brother as Chubick was.

Great to see us working towards Omaha again. 3 guys from the state in some form of NBA competition, all 3 of them had no offers from Nebraska. This is a welcome change.

It will be interesting to see if all the people ripping on Miles for not recruiting in-state talent will show up and give him credit. They have refocused big time.

Elite athlete with a nice wingspan. I’m very interested to see his development this year. His offensive role should change a lot. I think he will have to play the 3 or the wing in college.
I think he can play power forward on defense. :) His strength and conditioning experience at UNL will inform that. If he gets better on his outside shot, he should be a fun player. I'm glad we are offering him instead of some random Thor or Nana (hope they both improve enough to get real minutes this year).

Last edited:

This is interesting in a lot of fronts. Recruited our first kid from Omaha since his brother. His family apparently wasn't as upset about what happened to his brother as Chubick was.

Great to see us working towards Omaha again. 3 guys from the state in some form of NBA competition, all 3 of them had no offers from Nebraska. This is a welcome change.

You’re right, I think that whole think was overblown. Chubick, Sr. can be a bit prickly and I have no doubt that the younger Arop and the people around him would have rather that been relayed a little earlier, perhaps before AAU tournaments. I believe that from Miles’ perspective, they thought it had been discussed and they believed everything was good. The younger Aguek just had a major injury and needed more development.

I was a little skeptical at first on Akol. He had a damn good summer though and is an elite athlete who has a position, which is an area I didn’t feel Aguek had at the time.

Welcome aboard!

You’re right, I think that whole think was overblown. Chubick, Sr. can be a bit prickly and I have no doubt that the younger Arop and the people around him would have rather that been relayed a little earlier, perhaps before AAU tournaments. I believe that from Miles’ perspective, they thought it had been discussed and they believed everything was good. The younger Aguek just had a major injury and needed more development.

I was a little skeptical at first on Akol. He had a damn good summer though and is an elite athlete who has a position, which is an area I didn’t feel Aguek had at the time.

Welcome aboard!
I'm not sure what to think on this yet. But I won't be mad that we took a kid from Omaha who has a brother that just signed with San Diego State.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back