• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Akol Arop is also leaving...who’s staying??

I wouldn't be shocked if the returners are Trey McGowans, Walker, Mayen, Andre and maybe Banton. Maybe Thor and/or Kobe stay but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd love to see us land a true point guard.

Thor and Webster can return and their scholarships don't count against the roster total for next year.

I wonder if Akol ends up at San Diego State to play with Aguek Arop? No matter what, I wish Akol the best, he's worked hard at everything that's been put in front of him at Nebraska.

Last edited:
So when does UNL get a kid from Nebraska that can play in the Big 10? I was hoping Arop would develop into a Terrance Baddgett type. There are kids in Nebraska who can do it, what needs to happen to get them to Lincoln? Arrgh. Jason Dourisseau, Wes Wilkinson, I'm not asking for a lot here!

So when does UNL get a kid from Nebraska that can play in the Big 10? I was hoping Arop would develop into a Terrance Baddgett type. There are kids in Nebraska who can do it, what needs to happen to get them to Lincoln? Arrgh. Jason Dourisseau, Wes Wilkinson, I'm not asking for a lot here!
AA could play minutes in the B1G. I don’t think he’d play a lot, and I think his minutes would be impacted the matchup, but his athletic ability is at a high enough level to play defensive and get some rebounds in the B1G. He would be a liability on offense, and in our offense, it’s tough to have a perimeter guy who isn’t a scorer. I think there are levels that would allow him more minutes and the ability to do some scoring, and apparently, AA feels the same. It takes a special person to be willing to transition from star to role player who spends a fair amount of time on the bench.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back