• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ajay Allen-RB

Kinds makes you wonder how the practices went. Four RB's and none coming to the top?

Still not clear if the team is running 4 practice stations, giving everyone a chance to practice. With 160 kids on the team, are they getting enough reps?
I have wondered about how practices are conducted. When some players don't know the plays well enough, sure seems like a practice issue

Possibly. But if they don't know their responsibilities, should they be on the field? Guessing that is where some issues were. A lot of kids have talent, but need to put in the work to earn the playing time. Some understand, some don't.
I liken this to Sabans quote
He said we dont practice til we get it right, we practice til we cant get it wrong.
If the player cant get there, its on the players, and sometimes we ask alot of non reward plays from our RBs

Possibly. But if they don't know their responsibilities, should they be on the field? Guessing that is where some issues were. A lot of kids have talent, but need to put in the work to earn the playing time. Some understand, some don't.
Hard to run through a hole when no hole exists.

What kind of perspective? A couple of 4 star guys who couldn't get on the field. Whether it be work ethic or playbook knowledge, they couldn't cut it. Sorry about their luck. Keep bringing talent in. Eventually a star will emerge.
I think Rahmir and Yant are way in the lead of the RB room. But the B1G is brutal and we have to keep bringing in the talent.

No Gabe Irvin? If he's healthy he's the starter.
New OC, New RB coach. Competition is a good thing. People can predict all they want, but there will be a lot of moving pieces through Spring and Fall camp as well as the first 3-4 weeks of the season. Since this thread is about Ajay and not coaching or who anyone thinks the starter is, I hope he gives UNL some consideration and comes for an official in the coming weeks since he really likes our running backs coach which is why he committed to TCU initially.

What kind of perspective? A couple of 4 star guys who couldn't get on the field. Whether it be work ethic or playbook knowledge, they couldn't cut it. Sorry about their luck. Keep bringing talent in. Eventually a star will emerge.
Nearly dead last in rush blocking, a what the heck is going on with who is playing each play, 4 O coaches gone and we're blaming the kids for not being on the field and doing better?

Incredible.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back