• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ahman Green

Ameer Abdullah's running style wouldn't have earned him a start with Ahman Green's OL. Abdullah actually missed big opportunities to score with his style, because he spent too many plays using his wiggle. Ahman Green was exceptional because he attacked the gaps in each layer of defense rather than trying to juke everybody. Abdullah had some brilliant runs, but Ahman had way more significant big plays. Ahman was good for regular 8-9 gains play after play by exploiting his speed and weaknesses in defensive flow. And when he saw a pattern unfold he often made one missed assignment turn into six points. Ahman was going to get his yards, but if you got sloppy he was going to pound points. Abdullah wasn't that type of running back and passed up opportunities for smaller gains to set up big plays. For all the cuteness of making a guy miss him, overall it limited his opportunities to score. And Ameer liked to struggle when he was being gang tackled. That caused unnecessary turnovers. So as much fun as he was to watch for his fans, his failures amplified losses and cost us opportunities in big games. That's the difference between good and great in my book. The great ones carry the team to championships. Great teams win them.

Ameer Abdullah's running style wouldn't have earned him a start with Ahman Green's OL. Abdullah actually missed big opportunities to score with his style, because he spent too many plays using his wiggle. Ahman Green was exceptional because he attacked the gaps in each layer of defense rather than trying to juke everybody. Abdullah had some brilliant runs, but Ahman had way more significant big plays. Ahman was good for regular 8-9 gains play after play by exploiting his speed and weaknesses in defensive flow. And when he saw a pattern unfold he often made one missed assignment turn into six points. Ahman was going to get his yards, but if you got sloppy he was going to pound points. Abdullah wasn't that type of running back and passed up opportunities for smaller gains to set up big plays. For all the cuteness of making a guy miss him, overall it limited his opportunities to score. And Ameer liked to struggle when he was being gang tackled. That caused unnecessary turnovers. So as much fun as he was to watch for his fans, his failures amplified losses and cost us opportunities in big games. That's the difference between good and great in my book. The great ones carry the team to championships. Great teams win them.
Just so much baloney a guy can read without responding. Too much selective memory in your post. I thought AG was fabulous but he had a HUGE fumbling problem his whole career. And while I don't think AA was as good as AG (or a few other NU RB's), he HAD TO USE HIS "WIGGLE" just to find the holes.

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/nov/30/sports/sp-nflxando30

Green, the NFC's leading rusher, is having a record-breaking season for the Packers.

Still, he hasn't been able to shake his reputation as a fumbler.

Seattle Coach Mike Holmgren traded him to the Packers after Green had fumbled once as a rookie in 1998 and twice in 1999. Green then became the Packers' main ballcarrier in 2000 and fumbled six times. The next season, Green fumbled five times and last season, six times.

In 12 games this season, Green has had seven fumbles, including five lost. And like Lewis', Green's drops have hurt his team.

In the Packers' 40-34 loss to Kansas City in October, Green fumbled one play after Green Bay had blocked a potential winning field goal attempt in overtime. On the next play, Kansas City got the winning touchdown on a 51-yard pass play from Trent Green to Eddie Kennison.

Green lost two fumbles in the Packers' 17-14 loss to Philadelphia in early November. He rushed for a career-high 192 yards and scored two touchdowns, but his fourth-quarter fumble cost the Packers a victory.

pixel.gif

In 58 games with the Packers, Green has fumbled 22 times, opponents recovering 16 of them.

According to Stats Inc., Green has fumbled 25 times since he came into the NFL in 1998. That ranks him fourth among running backs from 1998 to the present, behind Barber (39 fumbles), Williams (32) and George (26).

http://static.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/garber_greg/1457779.html

There is only one downside: Green has fumbled the football 15 times, losing it 11 times.

Depending on who you talk to, this is because: 1) Green has a condition that may well be hyperhidrosis, the overproduction of sweat or; 2) He simply doesn't protect the ball properly or, more likely; 3) The combination of the two above creates even more anxiety than the impending impact of several converging tacklers.

Last edited:
You're talking about the NFL career of Green to compare to the Husker career of Abdullah? /shakes head

You're talking about the NFL career of Green to compare to the Husker career of Abdullah? /shakes head
He had fumble issues at NU as well...you just don't remember because we were crushing everyone anyway...plus it was a long time ago. AA cleaned his up before he left college, AG never really did.

Watch this sickening video from the 2:00 mark tp the 3:00 minute mark:

http://dataomaha.com/huskers/history/game/1997-10-18-texas-tech
Green, who had scored eight touchdowns in the previous two games, got one Saturday on a 7-yard run. He might have had a second touchdown, but he fumbled when he was hit 4 yards from the goal line.

Last edited:
Go back and read almost all of your posts, then, you can really start to "shakes head" because, well, the rest of us know why.

No details yet, but really... any form of child abuse is a serious offense.

Agree 100%.

In defense of that portion of my post, I had edited out part of my original post in which I made reference to the fact that even spanking a child or grabbing a teen by the arm can result in a charge of "child abuse" if any small amount of red mark results and they call the police, but I didn't want to open Pandora's box.

Looks bad for Ahman. And there is truly no defending anyone who admits to doing what he did. He should be punished harshly.

His daughter suffered a black eye and two small scratches, authorities say. Green told police he slapped his daughter to get her to behave so she would do her chores.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/ex-...cle_d83637fa-5a8f-11e7-a544-6f87332d683a.html

http://pro32.ap.org/huskermax/article/former-packers-rb-ahman-green-charged-child-abuse
According to the complaint, Green told deputies he "may have" thrown his daughter to the ground and against cabinets. He said he slapped her in the head and believed he may have hit her glasses, causing a swollen eye, according to the complaint.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back