• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez

I don't think that things were as nearly one-sided as you've made them out to be.

Trying to get a pound of flesh right now, given the state of the program, isn't a good look.
Our program is in better shape now with Scott gone than it was the last two years when critics were blaming everything on AM. They didn’t care what kind of look they were presenting when they were wrong…..you think I care about my look defending the poor guy.

I think the poor look is the posters defending the AM critics or themselves if they are one.

Our program is in better shape now with Scott gone than it was the last two years when critics were blaming everything on AM. They didn’t care what kind of look they were presenting when they were wrong…..you think I care about my look defending the poor guy.

I think the poor look is the posters defending the AM critics or themselves if they are one.
I guess the world loves victims and martyrs, regardless of what "side" someone is on.

Here's to hoping that Martinez, Frost, and other prior Huskers find success.

Except for Steve Pederson.

Actually he is 3-1 with a top 10 win. Since you were very vocal the last couple of years that the losses were on AM I’m curious if you are blaming 1-3 on CT? Personally I’m not but pretty safe to see you were wrong and still trying to backtrack while diminishing what AM is doing. Good luck with that.
We shall see at the end of the year. Who did they lose to again this year?

Of course it does. And it is. And if the people who threw trash for all those years can’t handle it they can go read another thread. I have no problem returning the trash that was thrown.

If you supported both sides you shouldn’t feel offended……unless you still feel offended that SF was fired.

I'm not sure how you can 'Support both sides' in a disagreement. I must misunderstand your point there.

Adrian finally getting his big win is great for the kid. I'd hope nobody on the board thinks differently. Of course we'd have all liked to have seen that a few years ago in Scarlet and Cream.

It's completely correct to say Scott Frost failed and those of us who felt he would or could succeed in Lincoln were wrong. There was also nothing wrong with supporting him in his role as coach...until he wasn't. Continually looking for new ways to beat a dead horse because we were wrong doesn't make a ton of sense.

I'm not sure how you can 'Support both sides' in a disagreement. I must misunderstand your point there.

Adrian finally getting his big win is great for the kid. I'd hope nobody on the board thinks differently. Of course we'd have all liked to have seen that a few years ago in Scarlet and Cream.

It's completely correct to say Scott Frost failed and those of us who felt he would or could succeed in Lincoln were wrong. There was also nothing wrong with supporting him in his role as coach...until he wasn't. Continually looking for new ways to beat a dead horse because we were wrong doesn't make a ton of sense.
The poster I replied to said he supported both frost and AM and the argument up to that point was whether our issues were SF or AM.

The poster I replied to said he supported both frost and AM and the argument up to that point was whether our issues were SF or AM.

Gotcha.

For the record, the issues were both.

IMAO.

Wish them both well.

Gotcha.

For the record, the issues were both.

IMAO.

Wish them both well.
Issues were both? I think it’s a matter of perspective. Obviously that could be correct but it’s more a matter of how much. Here we are again blaming Martinez by name for our offensive issues over the last couple of years almost as if he was just as complacent in the wins and losses as Frost.

Yes AM made mistakes. EVERY quarterback does. They were compounded by his supporting cast. The facts of the different successes each program is having this year shows that. It’s kind of funny we still have posters that want to blame AM for issues the last couple of years…..by saying it was both but those same posters aren’t blaming CT this year.

Last edited:
Issues were both? I think it’s a matter of perspective. Obviously that could be correct but it’s more a matter of how much. Here we are again blaming Martinez by name for our offensive issues over the last couple of years almost as if he was just as complacent in the wins and losses as Frost.

Yes AM made mistakes. EVERY quarterback does. They were compounded by his supporting cast. The facts of the different successes each program is having this year shows that. It’s kind of funny we still have posters that want to blame AM for issues the last couple of years…..by saying it was both but those same posters aren’t blaming CT this year.

I don’t mean the issues stop or reside only with Frost and Martinez. It was much, much deeper than that.

There was also nothing wrong with supporting him in his role as coach...until he wasn't. Continually looking for new ways to beat a dead horse because we were wrong doesn't make a ton of sense.
Two points I find interesting. It’s funny how some posters say it was fine to support him in his role as coach until he wasn’t. Yet it was fine not to support AM until he wasn’t?
Now you can say personally that you might of but some in this thread didn’t and that was where many of my posts are directed.

As far as beating the dead horse….why not? It’s only been a few weeks. Anti frost got beat like a dead horse for two years. And now it’s like….oh crap! The media should have told us.

Two points I find interesting. It’s funny how some posters say it was fine to support him in his role as coach until he wasn’t. Yet it was fine not to support AM until he wasn’t?
Now you can say personally that you might of but some in this thread didn’t and that was where many of my posts are directed.

As far as beating the dead horse….why not? It’s only been a few weeks. Anti frost got beat like a dead horse for two years. And now it’s like….oh crap! The media should have told us.

I can say that about Adrian, because I did support him throughout. Still do. He’s a class kid.

Sure. That went both ways. For four plus years. As far as the criticism of the media, so many of us don’t live in Lincoln or even Nebraska anymore and have limited access to information. It’s here or what’s reported by local or national outlets. Much of the stuff that was being posted in here by the group who were ready for him to go, wasn’t verifiable and just didn’t sound plausible. It’s not unusual for people to be skeptical of information gleaned from an internet site, especially when you don’t personally know the source.

At the end of the day, those who said Frost was a problem we’re right and those of us who thought he’d right the ship were wrong. If extended victory laps are required, then so be it.

I can say that about Adrian, because I did support him throughout. Still do. He’s a class kid.

Sure. That went both ways. For four plus years. As far as the criticism of the media, so many of us don’t live in Lincoln or even Nebraska anymore and have limited access to information. It’s here or what’s reported by local or national outlets. Much of the stuff that was being posted in here by the group who were ready for him to go, wasn’t verifiable and just didn’t sound plausible. It’s not unusual for people to be skeptical of information gleaned from an internet site, especially when you don’t personally know the source.

At the end of the day, those who said Frost was a problem we’re right and those of us who thought he’d right the ship were wrong. If extended victory laps are required, then so be it.
I’m not sure if it’s extended victory laps or dealing with posters who are still in denial and still want to downplay SFs role at AMs expense.

At this point it’s pretty obvious that AM took way more blame then he ever should have. He’s earned some praise and posters still doing the “it was one game” and blaming the Tulane loss on him are the ones beating a dead horse. It just tells me they still want to make AM the scapegoat for SFs issues. Anyone defending those posters for that seem to be in denial themselves.

"Nebraska also lost 31-28 to Northwestern to begin the season in Dublin on Aug. 28. In the weeks leading up to that game, we were told by then Husker head coach Scott Frost that the game with Northwestern was going to be a "business trip" for Nebraska. It wasn't a bowl game. The Huskers were on a mission to win the game. The talk sounded good. We were led to believe the Huskers would come out smoking in that game and would show the other Wildcats a thing or two about the game of football.

That didn't go so well for the Huskers. It was another close loss. The Wildcats led in possession time (34:12 to 25:48), total offense (527 yards to 466) and rushing yardage (214-111).

With numbers like that, Northwestern is probably undefeated, right?
Nope.

The 'Cats are 1-3 for the season and have been clawed by Duke (23-31), Southern Illinois (24-31) and Miami of Ohio (14-17). Their only win of the season has been against the Huskers. How is that possible?

Coaching, or the lack thereof, for Nebraska is why.

Husker fans have been betrayed by a staff that simply can't coach. Such play has led to the firing of Scott Frost as the head coach. Also, interim head coach Mickey Joseph ended up firing defensive coordinator Erik Chinander.
Amen to both moves."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back