• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez

I agree @huskrthill! It is easy to look at that one game and try and make that conclusion, but I don't think that is entirely fair. There were certainly a lot of issues with Frost as coach (many of those things now coming out publicly). It doesn't take away the mistakes AM had at Nebraska. He certainly played well enough to win us more games than we won, but he also had some games where his performance was one of the main reasons we struggled.

At the end of the day, you can tie that back to coaching, as well. I think KSU did a good job this week of not asking AM to do too much. They left him in situations where he could be successful doing the things he does well. The thing that was missing between KSU Adrian and NU Adrian was the heartbreaking mistake. There was no fumble or interception, or 15 yard sack that took them out of field goal range.
There also wasn't a defense that failed to get a single stop at an important time, or a punter kicking the ball the opposite direction that he was supposed to, or any number of things completely unrelated to the quarterback.

Childers and Neuheisel on Full Ride this morning definitely drove home the point. They didn't call out Frost explicitly for failing to coach Martinez properly but made it clear otherwise that Nebraska fans have reason to be very disappointed.

Okay, I’m done for the night
Oh man. I hope that your post wasn't trying to dunk on folks who questioned AM's abilities. I mean, I'm sure that wasn't your intention, right? No attempt at a gotcha or told-ya-so.

No, I know that's not it.

In other news, I read up on the KSU loss to Tulane this season. I hope KSU does better than losing to Tulane this season...

I watched every second of the KSU vs.Tulane game last week because I had it in a teaser bet. The fans booed the entire team, not AM. The point is people thought AM was the problem. Turns out, we just fired the problem.
You must not have read any of the social media after that game then. It was all about sending AM packing. Fickle fans, go figure :)

Mods, I know he is with another team but I hope this can stay. I owe him an apology, rhe failure was not his fault. His signature win tonight against OU shows he could have been very very special at DONU but he couldn’t beat the coaching that hindered him. I am happy for him and I is the final proof of the fraud that was Scott Frost.
Adrian had a Heisman effort against a Top 10 team. He was amazing!

It's certainly fair to criticize and praise from week to week, but it seems kind of silly to relate this to Frost.

I suppose it's another example of how people think a quarterback is the end all, be all of a football team.
Well the fans related all Frosts losses on AM and now it seems only fair that people who saw it differently want to bring out the obvious.

Well the fans related all Frosts losses on AM and now it seems only fair that people who saw it differently want to bring out the obvious.
I think that's a broad generalization. It's certainly true of some people, but others (like me) were fans of both Martinez and Frost.

Your post also lends credence to the belief that a lot of fans are excited about "being right" about Frost and want to throw it in the faces of other fans. That gets kind of old.

Last edited:
Your post also lends credence to the belief that a lot of fans are excited about "being right" about Frost and want to throw it in the faces of other fans. That gets kind of old.
Of course it does. And it is. And if the people who threw trash for all those years can’t handle it they can go read another thread. I have no problem returning the trash that was thrown.

If you supported both sides you shouldn’t feel offended……unless you still feel offended that SF was fired.

Of course it does. And it is. And if the people who threw trash for all those years can’t handle it they can go read another thread. I have no problem returning the trash that was thrown.

If you supported both sides you shouldn’t feel offended……unless you still feel offended that SF was fired.
I don't think that things were as nearly one-sided as you've made them out to be.

Trying to get a pound of flesh right now, given the state of the program, isn't a good look.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back