• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez

Not all on am but be definitely isn’t as great as some like to make him. Will hold lots of records before he’s gone both good and bad

Not even close to an NFL QB. He never was and never will be, hell, he's barely a P5 caliber QB.

I think AM lacks arm talent and accuracy. His lack of quick release and decisions are another factor. I say at this point he is a high stats guy and not an NFL QB.

What would another year do? He's started almost 40 games already. We know who he is: terrific athlete, but he has subpar accuracy and makes questionable decisions under duress. His weaknesses will only get magnified in the NFL.

Good riddance.
He was not a winner and it's baffling why being a nice guy makes you the starting quarterback for four years.

Why? What did @omahasker say that was incorrect?

What was NU's W/L record with him at QB? Was it over .700? Was it over .500? Was he a winning QB?
From all accounts, AM is also a very nice guy. Again, no falsehoods here.

Then, where were his failings? Was it in his lack of talent, or was it coaching failure that brought us to where we are as a program?

The kid is talented and good luck to him wherever he lands. But his inabilities cannot be ignored. That's just a reality that Husker sunshine-pumpers need to face.

christmas came early for me. please hurry and sign with another school, so i know you won't be back next year. i am willing to bet that this man signs with kansas yet accidently drives to kansas state. it's just what he does.
Okay, I’m done for the night

Okay, I’m done for the night
He(and his teams defense) beat an okay Oklahoma defense, he's a good athlete and a good guy. He is NOT an NFL caliber QB imho. Having stated that, it honestly wouldn't hurt my feelz if he gets drafted and proves me wrong on this. I don't see that happening of course, but I do wish him well and all the best.

AM was easily the most talented and athletic QB we've had in the last ten years, including who we currently have. When you look at what he did as a Freshman if he had been able to improve and progress as a QB we would have winning records while he was here:
"Martinez set freshman records for completions, completion percentage, passing yards, passing touchdowns, total offense and total touchdowns (25), and he was fourth nationally among all freshmen in passing yards per game. Martinez averaged 237.9 passing yards per game and 57.2 rushing yards per game in 2018, becoming just the second true freshman in FBS history to average 200 passing yards and 50 rushing yards per game and the first to hit those averages as a Power Five program. Overall, Martinez was just the sixth freshman - true or redshirt - to average 200 passing yards and 50 rushing yards per game. He was also one of just four FBS quarterbacks - regardless of class - who averaged 225 passing yards and 50 rushing yards per game in 2018."

Not having the coaching he needed to improve and lack of support from our O line and D did not help him or NU, IMO!

Last edited:

Seems like you had a tummy ache or something. Also, it's a "moot point", just saying.
I mean, I’m definitely not thrilled that he left. I said it all last year, he wasn’t the root cause of our problems. Having said that, I don’t know if I wish the dumpster fire that is our team this year on anyone.

No lost fumbles or interceptions in this game. Just a great game.
I am very happy for AM. Your comment about turnovers is telling. In the first four games this year AM has one fumble that KSU recovered. This by far is a huge improvement which I suspect has everything to do with coaching.

I also am very happy for husker fans as this is just another nail in the SF coffin for those thinking he is a good coach. AM got his signature win that SF so dearly told us he wanted for AM (not the other 21 guys on the field) just wasn't possible under his horrible coaching

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back