• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez Under Armor game

For those of you who aren't in recruiting forum much, #21 Maurice Washington for Team Spotlight who has had 2 rushing TDs, 1 receiving TD, a 65 yard kickoff return, and has been his team's offense until this last drive is scheduled for an OV to Nebraska on weekend of January 12. Hopefully, he makes it for that visit.
@N2FL just posted in the recruiting thread on Washington, that Steve Wiltfong put in a CB pick for Washington to Nebraska.

Last edited:

Man, excessive celebration on a nice punt return, gets up and kicks the ball into the stands. It was a 58 yard punt return then subtract 15. No discipline.

lol...WTH kid. I could not believe he did that. Came back later and forced a fumble off an interception

The first 3 quarters the offensive line got beat up (I just watched a whole season of this). The announcers did comment on Martinez's screen pass for a TD, they should have been doing that earlier to slow the D pass rush down.

Yeah, these games are a little bit of a clustermess, aren't they? Football is a total team sport, and it's really hard to bring guys together in such a short time. The advantage has to go to the defense - just like it does early in fall camp with the college guys. The boys in black jerseys were having a field day in the pass rush, and receivers couldn't get open quickly, so the pass rush was T-ing off on the QB's. That Jake West did an OK job, but the other guy (Gatewood) kept trying to scramble and be the hero and got sacked for big losses a few times. I did not see the second half, but it does sound like Adrian read the situation and avoided the big sacks (right?) which is an accomplishment in itself. Also a nice run in there and that screen was a thing of beauty. Quick release, he just whipped that puppy out. Gawd, after this last few years, I get the heebie-jeebies when I see Nebraska attempting a simple screen pass. So many things have gone wrong...

Last edited:
Yeah, these games are a little bit of a clustermess, aren't they? Football is a total team sport, and it's really hard to bring guys together in such a short time. The advantage has to go to the defense - just like it does early in fall camp with the college guys. The boys in black jerseys were having a field day in the pass rush, and receivers couldn't get open quickly, so the pass rush was T-ing off on the QB's. That Jake West did an OK job, but the other guy (Gatewood) kept trying to scramble and be the hero and got sacked for big losses a few times. I did not see the second half, but it does sound like Adrian read the situation and avoided the big sacks (right?) which is an accomplishment in itself. Also a nice run in there and that screen was a thing of beauty. Quick release, he just whipped that puppy out. Gawd, after this last few years, I get the heebie-jeebies when I see Nebraska attempting a simple screen pass. So many things have gone wrong...

Yes the defense had a big advantage. The other team's defense was flying all over the place. That safety they had looked strong with a non-stop motor.

The Gatewood kid had a better 2nd half. The QB's had to realize they were not going to out run the defense by going outside. That probably worked in high school conference games but not in this all star game. Nice adjustments with the QB runs up the middle.

Yes the defense had a big advantage. The other team's defense was flying all over the place. That safety they had looked strong with a non-stop motor.

The Gatewood kid had a better 2nd half. The QB's had to realize they were not going to out run the defense by going outside. That probably worked in high school conference games but not in this all star game. Nice adjustments with the QB runs up the middle.
I'll admit gatewood had a better second half as he got 80% of the reps.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back