• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adrian Martinez Leading The B1G In Yards Per Pass Attempt & Second In Total Offense Per Game

He has to make faster decisions. Often holds the ball too long. That said, he played pretty damn good football yesterday and definitely gave NU a chance to win the game. Outplayed rattlesnake yesterday.
Contrary to popular naysayer belief, no one said he was perfect. But watching another somewhat erratic but effective passer, dangerous runner tonight on Sunday night football in Lamar Jackson playing with a powerful offensive line, effective running game and a few scattered play making threats on the outside, if makes one wonder how anyone thinks Adrian is/has been the problem. There is not a QB in college football that would be anymore effect playing with this mess

que: “you said Adrians Lamar Jackson “

Last edited:

Contrary to popular naysayer belief, no one said he was perfect. But watching another somewhat erratic but effective passer, dangerous runner tonight on Sunday night football in Lamar Jackson playing with a powerful offensive line, effective running game and a few scattered play making threats on the outside, if makes one wonder how anyone thinks Adrian is/has been the problem. There is not a QB in college football that would be anymore effect playing with this mess

que: “you said Adrians Lamar Jackson “
One thing you overlooked? Turnovers. No one has argued the kid has no talent. He’s obviously talented. I personally have never said otherwise. He has played pretty damn good this year, Illinois not included. He played an excellent game yesterday. Not turning the ball over is why NU was in the game against OU. There is no arguing he can hold the ball too long, take some sacks. He has to trust his ability to throw it. Doing that is how you go from average, to good, and good to great.

Well, part of holding the ball too long means he's waiting on receivers to get open. Not necessarily a bad thing. At least the Oline is giving him time to do that.
... right up till they can't, sack.
Austin has to prove his worth.

Last edited:
I've often heard about the zany teachings of our cigar chomp'n QB guru gett'n guys to throw on the run yet everytime we face a dominating defense we never roll AM out of the pocket ?

He has to make faster decisions. Often holds the ball too long. That said, he played pretty damn good football yesterday and definitely gave NU a chance to win the game. Outplayed rattlesnake yesterday.
Some of his best throws were when he waited. Or should I say HAD to wait for someone to get open. I remember It was only a bit ago people bitching that he was tucking and running way to quickly

No, it’s not trusting his arm to make the throw while the receiver is coming open. He is waiting too long, for the receiver to be wide open. That split second causes a sack or worse. He either needs to throw it and trust, or take off. That’s how I see it.
Yea and when he throws it before they are open and the receiver hadn’t made his cut than fans bitch that he didn’t throw a perfect strike.

Some of his best throws were when he waited. Or should I say HAD to wait for someone to get open. I remember It was only a bit ago people bitching that he was tucking and running way to quickly
I just don’t want him to take sacks. He had time Saturday. He did a nice job. Too many sacks, but a great job. You see QB’s throw the ball all the time as the receiver starts their break off the DB, not open when ball is released, but he is when it’s on its way. IMO, Adrian tends to wait for the exact window. He isn’t trusting his arm, or accuracy. You can see it. He wants to, but waits. That’s why the sacks. It’s not all on the OL. Rarely on Saturday was he just covered up in pressure early, he had time if you are making fast reads.

One thing you overlooked? Turnovers. No one has argued the kid has no talent. He’s obviously talented. I personally have never said otherwise. He has played pretty damn good this year, Illinois not included. He played an excellent game yesterday. Not turning the ball over is why NU was in the game against OU. There is no arguing he can hold the ball too long, take some sacks. He has to trust his ability to throw it. Doing that is how you go from average, to good, and good to great.
So where is this lack of trusting his ability to throw? You can’t defend his lack of turnovers in regards to interceptions and try to say he lacks confidence in throwing. Most people call that protecting the ball. Just don’t understand this concept of just throwing it up hoping a wide receiver can make a play on it.

I just don’t want him to take sacks. He had time Saturday. He did a nice job. Too many sacks, but a great job. You see QB’s throw the ball all the time as the receiver starts their break off the DB, not open when ball is released, but he is when it’s on its way. IMO, Adrian tends to wait for the exact window. He isn’t trusting his arm, or accuracy. You can see it. He wants to, but waits. That’s why the sacks. It’s not all on the OL. Rarely on Saturday was he just covered up in pressure early, he had time if you are making fast reads.
I rewatched the game again Saturday and I’m not sure what you are talking. Not sure many are agreeing with you that they see a lack of confidence in his arm.

Lots of commentators are saying we should roll out AM from time to time, but we never do. Anyone have a sense of why that is?

So where is this lack of trusting his ability to throw? You can’t defend his lack of turnovers in regards to interceptions and try to say he lacks confidence in throwing. Most people call that protecting the ball. Just don’t understand this concept of just throwing it up hoping a wide receiver can make a play on it.
Sure you can. I love the guy, great person on all accounts. That said, he has been a fumble machine more so than int’s. There have been receivers open, or coming open, but the ball is held. That’s all I’m saying. That’s why the sacks. Probably not explaining it well enough. Sorry for that.

Just think that we had, what, EIGHT penalties? And most were dumb crap like false starts and Cam Jurgens murdering two different people after the whistle.

And we still almost beat OU. In Norman.

Drop a few mental mistakes and figure out what's screwed up in Culp's head and we are winning big.
I still disagree with the second one, it reminded me of the block on the movie the Blindside. He kept pushing and then gave a last shove right when they blew the whistle, I think it should've been a no-call

Man haters gonna hate. Martinez is by far our best player hands down. With the way he’s been playing he gives us a chance to win every game. Now if the O-line can get it together and the backs learn to hit a hole and go watch out. I think Omar Manning needs to play more man. Get him the ball.
Manning and one that I truly believe would be a difference-maker is Alante Brown. Small sample size, but he looks quicker and faster than Wan'Dale. Faster cuts and just a more true understanding of making guys miss

Lots of commentators are saying we should roll out AM from time to time, but we never do. Anyone have a sense of why that is?
To clarify, I remember one commentator saying its when he escapes the pocket he is dangerous to either hit a late crossing route or turn it up field

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back