• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Adios Maurice

All 'N' 011808

Former Walk-on
2 Year Member
Man I'm telling you right now, boys are easier. Girls are overdramatic...my daughter left my wife and I to go live with her mom on January 15. We were not aware of it until she didn't show up. She thought rules and consequences we're ridiculous. Her mom has none. Last week her mom said she was done with her and she needed to go. Tonight my son, x-wife and I tracked her down to bring her back home...in the end mom felt sorry for her and said no she's staying. At that point there was nothing my son or I could legally do so we left. My daughter is 17, she isn't allowed to date anyone outside of highschool. Her mom allows a 19 almost 20 year old POS to stay the night ... they're into drugs as well. Anyway be happy with those boys and teach them to respect their elders and women and you'll be fine. My son is 20 and a Kinesiology major that has values and respect for others. Rant over.
Praying for you and your family...with much direction for your daughter and ex.

Red Dead Redemption

Baba Yaga
5 Year Member
Man I'm telling you right now, boys are easier. Girls are overdramatic...my daughter left my wife and I to go live with her mom on January 15. We were not aware of it until she didn't show up. She thought rules and consequences we're ridiculous. Her mom has none. Last week her mom said she was done with her and she needed to go. Tonight my son, x-wife and I tracked her down to bring her back home...in the end mom felt sorry for her and said no she's staying. At that point there was nothing my son or I could legally do so we left. My daughter is 17, she isn't allowed to date anyone outside of highschool. Her mom allows a 19 almost 20 year old POS to stay the night ... they're into drugs as well. Anyway be happy with those boys and teach them to respect their elders and women and you'll be fine. My son is 20 and a Kinesiology major that has values and respect for others. Rant over.
We have 3 boys. IMO, Girls are easier than boys pre-adolescence, and boys are easier through adolescence.
Our boys were handfuls when they were young, and we were envious of our friends with little girls who were better behaved, but after hearing stories from our friends about their girls during their teen years, we were grateful for only having boys. Best of luck with your daughter.

Last edited:

ksuhusker

In a tree somewhere
5 Year Member
We have 3 boys. IMO, Girls are easier than boys pre-adolescence, and boys are easier through adolescence.
Our boys were handfuls when they were young, but after hearing stories from our friends about their girls during their teen years, we were grateful for only having boys. Best of luck with your daughter.
Agree.

Huskerthom

All Legend
5 Year Member
To offer you a little hope. Girls are more likely to grow out of it. Had a daughter similarly problemed. Once she got pregnant and ahole boyfriend took off, she sttled down. Found a good man who treated my grand baby and her with respect. Gave up drinking and drugs. They bought a house together, got married and I attended my grandaughters graduation yesterday. Better days are coming. Just hard to see them now.

cthusker

You talken to me?
5 Year Member
I'm good with providing MW with all the help and guidence available within the guidelines of the athletic program. MW also has obligations to his teammates, DONU, coaching staff and above all himself. If he can't or won't abide by the same rules all the players are expected to follow then it's time for him to move on. There's absolutely no way you should have different rules for different players within the same program. Every player on the team knows the rules and the potential penalties for breaking those rules imo.

There is a larger issue then simply saving MW from himself and that's the overall health and credibility of the program. I again caution folks from drawing conclusions until ALL the facts are known and the charges are properly adjucated. If MW can be saved and remain with the program it should be a win win for everyone involved. Much will be decided by MW attitude and his willingness to "man up", take his medicine and turn over a new leaf.

I could provide many anecdotal stories about success and failure with kids that wouldn't or couldn't follow the rules of society. Almost every case was different with corresponding good and bad outcomes. MW can't be forced or threatened into following the rules but must decide what he wants from his life....

EastOfEden

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I suspect that a lot hangs on the CA case, but it seems to be dragging. Does the prosecutor have second thoughts or what?

Pop Corn

Old Timer
15 Year Member
It definitely sucks and is hard. You can do your best to raise and teach them, yet they still have to make the right choices. We just got our oldest back (25), from drugs. Best advise I can give is to communicate clear expectations of what is expected and the consequences of not meeting those expectations. We never expected to ever have to deal with it, he was extremely hard working and respectful young man. He was a very good athlete, his last wrestling tourney he placed 1st and wiped the mat with 2nd and 3rd place who went on later to finish 4th an 5th at state(Iowa). Yet for some reason left field looked like a better way to go at age 17, dropped out of sports couldn’t hold a job anymore, and took every once of energy from mom and dad to get him through graduation. We had the talks and with younger ones still in house we had to make a choice. It felt like throwing him to the wolves, but we had to kick him out (twice). Both times we communicated expectations to live in house - no coming and going through the night, no drugs or parfyenelia and you will hold a job.... He asked to come home again earlier this year has confessed to what we knew already that he would never before and is doing all that is asked. He tells us everyday how much he loves us and the regrets he has and that him getting kicked out was probably the best thing for him. He has been drug free now for 5 months and finally starting to get a direction for his life. It’s like stabbing yourself in the heart but kicking him out was a necessity for him to realize life has rules. You love on them as much as you can, but clearly communicate the parameters and the consequences and absolutely follow through. My heart goes out to ya Ksuhusker as well as my prayers. God Bless!
I rarely share this but our families story is very similar to yours. My son wasn't an athlete but did excel academically and was an honor student and he was a big Husker fan. Unfortunately our story has a more tragic conclusion. My son, Zac, suffered from severe depression which lead to the self medication of drugs and alcohol. After years of fighting those demons, Zac experienced 11 months of being clean and sober. My wife and I had confidence and hope that maybe he had turned the corner to a better life. Then on April 26, 2004 a policeman showed up at our door informing us that his body was found at a secluded spot along a hike-bike trail near Kearney, NE. He had decided that no life was better than the life he had. He was 21 when he died of a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Needless to say that our lives has been greatly impacted by these events and most all of these situations that arise have our attention. My family (wife and 3 other children) have learned to live with the realities of these kinds of tragic experiences. It is only through faith and the undying support of family and friends we have survived.

Some of the old timers on here are aware of this story and at the time of his death contributed to have Zac's name enshrined on the wall near the waterfall in Memorial Stadium. I am forever grateful for that jester of kindness.

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
2 Year Member
Oklahoma Quickly Becoming a Hotbed for Marijuana

The rollout of statewide medical and recreational marijuana programs typically is a grindingly slow process that can take years. Not so in Oklahoma, which moved with lightning speed once voters approved medical cannabis in June.

The ballot question received 57 percent support and established one of the nation’s most liberal medical pot laws in one of the most conservative states. Six months later, the cannabis industry is booming.
So far the number of patients also is skyrocketing. Less than 12 months medical MJ Okie law. The Oklahoma Authority says they’ve issued more than 100,000 patient licenses. They’ve also licensed more than 1,200 dispensaries and 2,300 commercial growers (KFOR news source). Two blocks away from my house ..... "Honey Pot" business in Norman. I noticed lots of customers, youngsters and old. Plus drive-in window !!

I picture ordered hamburger w/cheese, french flies, shake and weed in drive-up window ;)

BTW, only 3 states prohibited for any use. Idaho, South Dakota and Nebraska.

License required: easy-peasy. Sometimes insomnia problems especially Friday night in Husker games ;) . My doctor offered prescription drug such as Silenor brand name or MJ license (seriously).

Last edited:

huskernut

Heisman
10 Year Member
I rarely share this but our families story is very similar to yours. My son wasn't an athlete but did excel academically and was an honor student and he was a big Husker fan. Unfortunately our story has a more tragic conclusion. My son, Zac, suffered from severe depression which lead to the self medication of drugs and alcohol. After years of fighting those demons, Zac experienced 11 months of being clean and sober. My wife and I had confidence and hope that maybe he had turned the corner to a better life. Then on April 26, 2004 a policeman showed up at our door informing us that his body was found at a secluded spot along a hike-bike trail near Kearney, NE. He had decided that no life was better than the life he had. He was 21 when he died of a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Needless to say that our lives has been greatly impacted by these events and most all of these situations that arise have our attention. My family (wife and 3 other children) have learned to live with the realities of these kinds of tragic experiences. It is only through faith and the undying support of family and friends we have survived.

Some of the old timers on here are aware of this story and at the time of his death contributed to have Zac's name enshrined on the wall near the waterfall in Memorial Stadium. I am forever grateful for that jester of kindness.
My nephew did the same. Super smart. Had a great future ahead. Two policemen showed up at my sister's door. I still sometimes just swear out loud accidentally when I think of it as I walk down the street. Such a waste.

My heart goes out to you.

Last edited:

Red October

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member

You have my deepest sympathy, it never goes away. My son and his gf were both substance abusers and we got a call from the Seattle police that they had my two grandsons 2 and 3 and their mother had OD in her apartment on heroin my son was in jail for drugs. Would I take them, and we took the boys and had them for 3 years. Its been in and out of usage by my son and his gf for the last 12 years. The drug carnage never ever goes away and when they do clean up, you wait for the shoes to drop. Its the dirty waste of lives the drug proponents never tell you and its akin to playing Russian Roulette when you take the first drag on a marijuana ciggy.

Red October

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
My nephew did the same. Super smart. Had a great future ahead. Two policemen showed up at my sister's door. I still sometimes just swear out loud accidentally when I think of it as I walk down the street. Such a waste.

My heart goes out to you.
Despression follows recovery almost 100 percent of the time. Its a long road back and its never over.

The idea that if MO is released from the program that it is dooming him to failure or sending him down a road to failure is ludicrous. He will be picked up by another P5 school in short order either after a year of JC or right away. He will have more than enough opportunity to get back on track, the only person who will send him down a road to ruin is himself.

C
I think you are underestimating the impact of having an institution as large as the University of Nebraska telling you to “hit the road. We don’t need you!” The guy apparently never got over the break up with that girl in the video or he wouldn’t have felt the need to humiliate her. That was a few years ago and just one individual. The tweet about “not changing” is worrisome too. It is ok to think like that, but when you feel the need to confront people with it. The guy needs some help. He is apparently fragile, which shouldn’t be a surprise, he’s been through a lot. He isn’t only a football player. He is a human being too. Getting released could increase his level of troublemaking.

Oracle of Lincoln

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I think you are underestimating the impact of having an institution as large as the University of Nebraska telling you to “hit the road. We don’t need you!” The guy apparently never got over the break up with that girl in the video or he wouldn’t have felt the need to humiliate her. That was a few years ago and just one individual. The tweet about “not changing” is worrisome too. It is ok to think like that, but when you feel the need to confront people with it. The guy needs some help. He is apparently fragile, which shouldn’t be a surprise, he’s been through a lot. He isn’t only a football player. He is a human being too. Getting released could increase his level of troublemaking.
This is the Lawrence Phillips rationalization.

solesrfr

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
That is a him problem and not a NU discipline problem. The idea that releasing him from the program will cause him to go down a bad path is a false narrative. He is already heading down that path and not holding him accountable will not change that. Only holding him accountable will get him to possibly correct his ways. He will get another chance to play for a P5 program as he is that talented.

C

Attachments

Last edited: