• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adams-Woods reopens recruitment > Cincinnati

We were the only P5 offer in his final schools he chose from besides East Carolina who went 3-15 in conference this year. Green has Kansas and Oregon knocking on his door. Arop is the #1 player in the state. Adams-Woods isn’t getting us where we want to go. Great diamond in the rough pickup for Miles’ staff tho.

I don't think East Carolina fits as a P5 school, so that would make NU his only big offer. Unless for some reason you decided to drop the Pac-12 from the P5 schools for BB. :)

No problem...i would have liked to see all of the commits stay with NU as it may be difficult to fill a roster this late considering how many spots are available. I know FH said he had 6 scholarship players the first year at ISU, but they would probably have to be a pretty darn good 6 to go .500 next year unless the non-con is pretty soft.

Ok, I guess that I'm ignorant. If he already signed, how does he get to reopen his recruiting? I get that you don't want to force a kid to stay if he really doesn't want to, but shouldn't he have to at least say "pretty please"?

Ok, I guess that I'm ignorant. If he already signed, how does he get to reopen his recruiting? I get that you don't want to force a kid to stay if he really doesn't want to, but shouldn't he have to at least say "pretty please"?
I don’t have the exact transcript, but he did have to request a release from the NLI, which he did.

I don’t have the exact transcript, but he did have to request a release from the NLI, which he did.

Yeah, exactly what @Big Red Shrine said. He requested out of his NLI. Xavier Johnson did the same thing to us last year. It worked out in our favor when Thomas Allen got out of his North Carolina State NLI though.

This kid is a lot better player than his offer list indicates. Really good tape, he will end up at a pretty good school I bet. I’m not all that worried about this.

Jervay and Donovan Williams in the 2020 class are the two recruits that you really got to try to hold on to. Arop, yeah, him too, but he’s a distant 3rd.

This kid is a lot better player than his offer list indicates. Really good tape, he will end up at a pretty good school I bet. I’m not all that worried about this.

Jervay and Donovan Williams in the 2020 class are the two recruits that you really got to try to hold on to. Arop, yeah, him too, but he’s a distant 3rd.
Agree. If Arop wasn't a local kid i'd be fine with that too. Just like with the football change when people were scared to not fire Riley due to losing the recruits, it doesn't really matter. Even if we lost all 3 guys, I'd rather have Hoiberg get the guys he wants. Green I think can be a stud.

This kid will land at a P5 school now tho, so maybe this is good for him.

Last edited:
I have a friend pretty close with Arop, and he felt really good about what Hoiberg could mean for the team, and him individually. Basically said if they still want him, he’s excited to play for Fred.

Even if we lost all 3 guys, I'd rather have Hoiberg get the guys he wants.

I kind of went round & round with a friend over the same thing. I told him, we don't know who Coach wants and it might not be those 3 but, I have confidence he'll get who he wants. We just have to wait and see.

Agree. If Arop wasn't a local kid i'd be fine with that too. Just like with the football change when people were scared to not fire Riley due to losing the recruits, it doesn't really matter. Even if we lost all 3 guys, I'd rather have Hoiberg get the guys he wants. Green I think can be a stud.

This kid will land at a P5 school now tho, so maybe this is good for him.

100%. It’s an olive branch to local players, even if he doesn’t fit. But, I think that he does. Arop is extremely athletic, has a position, is very long, and has shooting ability. It’s a no-brainer to stay on him and I’m glad he’s still N.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back