• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Adam Taylor article highlights his fight back from ACL injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTexUNLfan

Scout Team
10 Year Member
And to think he broke the Katy HS running record this year to boot. Interesting article which gives a behind the scenes view of what he went through the last 2 years.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highsch...turn-from-injury-a-boon-to-Katy-s-4129512.php

Taylor spent the next 11 months working his way back. He participated in non-contact spring drills last May and ran routes in 7-on-7 over the summer.But he wasn't cleared for contact until just before this season started. Then he dealt with hamstring issues in fall practice as he tried to get his legs back underneath him.
"It was pretty hard, but the support of everybody - my teammates, my coaches and my family - got me through it," Taylor said.
While Taylor worked his way back, some colleges that were high on him after his sophomore year cooled.
LSU stood by its offer, but Joseph began to feel like it was only trying to do the right thing rather than really wanting Taylor.
"It did (hurt him)," Joseph said. "But a lot of them stuck by him and called and told him that they would stand by their offer. That was the good thing about the recruiting. There were some of them that cooled on him a little bit, but he still had plenty of options."
Taylor finally picked one in November, committing to Nebraska. He plans to sign on or after national signing day on Feb. 6.
"I was extremely happy for him," Joseph said. "I knew he was going to get something. He was a good enough football player that he still had plenty of options.
"I just wanted to make sure he went to the best fit for him, and I wanted him to be happy and be at peace with his decision. I know that a lot of times kids really have a hard time with it, but for him it worked out extremely well."

Love those Katy (Road) Uniforms... Home ain't too bad either...

It's funny seeing one of their games with their uniforms and "enthusiastic fans". You feel a wave of nostalgia and just have to smile. I cannot imagine what Adam thought when he walked out on the Nebraska field for our home game. Certainly looked like a much bigger version of what he grew up watching.

It's funny seeing one of their games with their uniforms and "enthusiastic fans". You feel a wave of nostalgia and just have to smile. I cannot imagine what Adam thought when he walked out on the Nebraska field for our home game. Certainly looked like a much bigger version of what he grew up watching.
Yep!

Just as long as we don't have any boosters in Lincoln taking the O-Line to Mistys for some Prime Rib after a 300 yard rushing game!;):Biggrin:

Don't know if you have lived in Katy long enough to remember that one! Shows how long I have lived in Houston, though!

(PS - for those who can't figure it out; many years back when Katy HS was the only Katy HS - aren't there five now?; they got in trouble because the booster club took the O Line out for steak dinners every time they met some rushing metric. I think it was 300 yards.)

Last edited:
Yep!

Just as long as we don't have any boosters in Lincoln taking the O-Line to Mistys for some Prime Rib after a 300 yard rushing game!;):Biggrin:

Don't know if you have lived in Katy long enough to remember that one! Shows how long I have lived in Houston, though!

(PS - for those who can't figure it out; many years back when Katy HS was the only Katy HS - aren't there five now?; they got in trouble because the booster club took the O Line out for steak dinners every time they met some rushing metric. I think it was 300 yards.)

Oh I remember the boosters dinner! It happened just before I was elected to the board out here. They handled it right and self reported the incident. We're one of the fastest growing districts in the state with our 7th high school opening next fall. We had 3 when I moved here 30+ years ago and the 3rd one had just been built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back