• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaryn Bouzos suffers knee injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
Anybody know the severity of it? From what I heard he was carted off the field. I hope he will be ok!! Wishing him a speedy and full recovery!

Okay, not to sound insensitive, but this raises a question for me. How do the coaches handle a situation like this if it were to be a very serious injury? I'm assuming we'd have no choice but to rescind the scholarship offer. Does anyone know if this has happened before? Needless to say, I hope that is not the case here and that Aaryn will be just fine and a future star for NU!

Actually most coaches with integrity will honor the scholarship....happend a few years ago, with a kid from Texas who had a heart problem and Mac Brown honored the scholarship offer...as I expect Bo to do IF he can't play football anymore...

With that being said lets wait and see what the injury is and if it requires surgery etc....not uncommon for kids to get hurt and bounce back just fine....happens all the time...

Okay, not to sound insensitive, but this raises a question for me. How do the coaches handle a situation like this if it were to be a very serious injury? I'm assuming we'd have no choice but to rescind the scholarship offer. Does anyone know if this has happened before? Needless to say, I hope that is not the case here and that Aaryn will be just fine and a future star for NU!

Last edited:
I would hope that we will honor the dvholorship no matter how bad the injury if he still wishes to attend NU.

Not to be rude......but most of the time in this day and age, knee injuries are going to happen and players are going to still be able to have a productive and in some cases normal career.

With this said, he probably wouldn't come in at NU and start right away so he could redshirt. This in all actuality gives this guy 2 solid years to focus on school, rehab, gain his mental confidence back and better yet, learn the defense before he ever even gets on the field for real. I'd stand by our offer and take advantage of it..........as much as one can with a injury.

Not rude at all...spot on....my point above too....

Not to be rude......but most of the time in this day and age, knee injuries are going to happen and players are going to still be able to have a productive and in some cases normal career.

With this said, he probably wouldn't come in at NU and start right away so he could redshirt. This in all actuality gives this guy 2 solid years to focus on school, rehab, gain his mental confidence back and better yet, learn the defense before he ever even gets on the field for real. I'd stand by our offer and take advantage of it..........as much as one can with a injury.

Didn't that happen with Chris Williams? He has since left the team, but I think Bo honored the scholarship and allowed him to rehab. Not that it matters, looks like he'll be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back