• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaron Green: "You Asked We Answered" Scout Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attending -any- Nebraska game will likely make a massive impact on a recruit's decision. Everytime I talk to a fan about when my first Nebraska game will be, they tell me I'll get chills when I walk in the gate. When 80,000+ fans are THAT excited for the team? It has to make an impact to a recruit.

Were not his second choice.....you don't know he wants to play at Texas or he wants them more.....only he knows what he wants and he'll make his decision when he is ready too....read what N2FL wrote....he hit it on the head....

He will commit when he is ready too....we all have different things to consider.....I know when I chose a school I waited until the last minute to make sure in my mind it was the right choice.....some kids can pull the trigger early and are content.....that wasn't me..........and thankfully it was the right decision after I had mulled it over done my research, talked with my family and made the decision when I was ready because once i did it was a commitment I was going to keep.....there is no need to commit before you are ready and no one should rush you.....trust me will have a slot for him when he is ready.....

Too often kids (i.e Tyler Gabbert) make commitments for all the wrong reasons....and then move on.....(we actually won in that case getting Carnes who is the better prospect in my opinion).....I'd rather he makes an informed decision for the right reasons....

I'm not sure what makes you feel he wants Texas.....if he did he could have commited already....right? Like N2FL said no program is going to turn him down....they will make room....Brown or no Brown...

I never said I KNOW he wants to play for Texas I said it was my opinion that he does. As for what NF2L said, (again my opinion and I am not an expert by any means, ...nor do I play one on TV nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night :Biggrin: and I am sure that most readers of this thread will put more stock into yours and NF2L's opinions that mine and that is fine with me) if Texas wanted him because he is too good to pass up Brown or not then why would they cool off on recruiting him?

As for committing, all I was trying to say was that if playing with his brother was as important as some think he would have committed by now, so obviously there is more to it than hos brother. His brother here at Nu does give us an edge that no one else has, but that is obviously not a gaurentee of a commit.

I do not claim to know what Mr. Green is thinking, you are correct, but then again you and NF2L do not either it is all just opinion until Mr. Green does commit and at that time whenever it is I hope he chooses NU, but I do believe at this time that if Texas was to push hard for him he will go there..and if Texas wanted him they would be recruiting him harder than what has been mentioned..I hope I am wrong but that is currently my opinion of this situation.

Maybe this weekend I will go stay at a Holiday Inn Express and then I will have all the answers :Biggrin::Biggrin:

Hey thanks for that....:) Just adds to the what I have heard that Green will be "N".....hopefully he pulls the trigger soon after Brown does...

apparently the only two people who know is RR and Green as to where he is going...Look you cant say in one post "from what I hear" and then tell someone in another post related to the same athlete that the only person who knows is Green...which is it?

They offered him quite a while ago....he didn't want to be rushed or be given a deadline....

Last edited:
I keep hearing the brother argument and it makes me think of the Whaley brothers. Alonzo came here as a defensive recruit and the next year his brother is a highly sought after RB. Chris Whaley chose Texas and to not play with his brother. I hope that the Green's choose to play together.

Good point...just read where Texas is moving his brother from RB to H-Back this year....

Yeah I hope they do too....:)

I keep hearing the brother argument and it makes me think of the Whaley brothers. Alonzo came here as a defensive recruit and the next year his brother is a highly sought after RB. Chris Whaley chose Texas and to not play with his brother. I hope that the Green's choose to play together.

I don't think that game matters one way or another to his decision....

Didnt really say that just that game would make his mind up. I just wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt take an official visit that weekend. And it would be assinine if you and p-ville honestly dont think that one game or weekend visit couldnt help a recruit make up his mind. If that were true than why do they take visits? Why do a great number commit after a visit to Lincoln? I realize that it doesnt state anywhere that he will be at that game, but I think we would be foolish to not think there wont be a good chance he wont be at that game! Or is this you and p-ville downplaying the Texas game??????;)

Good point...just read where Texas is moving his brother from RB to H-Back this year....

Yep. Kid is just a really big kid trying to play running back with what Texas is doing in the running game. They have a boatload of dudes and no one has stepped up and taken the job. Maybe Whaley could play tailback at Wisconsin or some place liked that. The recruitment of Chris Whaley and solely Chris Whaley in 09 and not taking Christine Michael is a very hot topic on UT boards as you can imagine.

Texas fans will go into an absolute meltdown if Texas doesn't land Malcolm Brown. There were too many great running backs in the state this year not to land at least one and it does look like the eggs are in the Brown basket. That is the one position they aren't stockpiling talent and it is becoming quite an enigma.

Last edited:
Especially with Gilbert not being a runner like McCoy....it highlights the issue even more.....

Yep. Kid is just a really big kid trying to play running back with what Texas is doing in the running game. They have a boatload of dudes and no one has stepped up and taken the job. Maybe Whaley could play tailback at Wisconsin or some place liked that. The recruitment of Chris Whaley and solely Chris Whaley in 09 and not taking Christine Michael is a very hot topic on UT boards as you can imagine.

Texas fans will go into an absolute meltdown if Texas doesn't land Malcolm Brown. There were too many great running backs in the state this year not to land at least one and it does look like the eggs are in the Brown basket. That is the one position they aren't stockpiling talent and it is becoming quite an enigma.

Especially with Gilbert not being a runner like McCoy....it highlights the issue even more.....

True. They will definitely utilize play action with Gilbert and go downfield with Gilbert's arm with him under center more than McCoy ever was. Play action is a lot more effective if you can actually run the ball though. I guess that is what remains to be seen.

Yup the million dollar question for Texas this year....

True. They will definitely utilize play action with Gilbert and go downfield with Gilbert's arm with him under center more than McCoy ever was. Play action is a lot more effective if you can actually run the ball though. I guess that is what remains to be seen.

I do not claim to know what Mr. Green is thinking, you are correct, but then again you and NF2L do not either it is all just opinion until Mr. Green does commit and at that time whenever it is I hope he chooses NU, but I do believe at this time that if Texas was to push hard for him he will go there..and if Texas wanted him they would be recruiting him harder than what has been mentioned..I hope I am wrong but that is currently my opinion of this situation.

The reason that Texas is not full-court pressing Aaron Green is beacuse the Longhorns are pretty deep and young at RB and they would prefer to only bring in one more RB in this class. They must either feel they have a better overall chance at landing Malcolm Brown than Aaron Green, or they simply prefer Brown to Green. Heck, they may be going harder after Brown because they feel Green is a Husker lean?

The point is that their class only has 2 or 3 spots left and when you are a school like Texas and you are capable of recruiting anyone, anywhere, you have the luxery of spending the majority of your time trying to secure a commitment from someone at a more desired position. They can play hardball with kids because they know that they can replace a 5* or 4* player who says 'No' with a fellow 5* or 4* player. Most schools outside of Florida, USC (until recently), Alabama and a select few others can pull this off. Texas can.

The reason that Texas is not full-court pressing Aaron Green is beacuse the Longhorns are pretty deep and young at RB and they would prefer to only bring in one more RB in this class. They must either feel they have a better overall chance at landing Malcolm Brown than Aaron Green, or they simply prefer Brown to Green. Heck, they may be going harder after Brown because they feel Green is a Husker lean?

The point is that their class only has 2 or 3 spots left and when you are a school like Texas and you are capable of recruiting anyone, anywhere, you have the luxery of spending the majority of your time trying to secure a commitment from someone at a more desired position. They can play hardball with kids because they know that they can replace a 5* or 4* player who says 'No' with a fellow 5* or 4* player. Most schools outside of Florida, USC (until recently), Alabama and a select few others can pull this off. Texas can.

And by anywhere he means in Texas because last time I checked they only had like 7 players who were from outside of Texas on their roster!!! :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back