• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaron Green down to 2 schools Bleacher Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal already has two RBs (3 and 4-star) in their class.....with Texas and Florida State both signing 5***** RB's this past week you figured they were eliminated....doesn't hurt we have his brother onboard already....:)

Although its not a done deal you really have to like our chances now....I've felt we have been the leader for the past few months and this just confirms that...:)

But what about Thunder and Lightning?

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.:stickouttongue:

Since Texas appears to be out of it, how about Rivals do one of their "unbiased" articles where Green shares an interview with every single member of the FSU recruiting class discussing how wonderfully great it would be if Green joined the FSU class. You know, their unbiased journalism that if a suspicious person didn't know any better, he would swear Rivals was deliborately trying to stear the young man somewhere.

But of course, we all know that they would never do anything like that.;)

LOL....nah they aren't quasi-agents for college players...;):lol:

But what about Thunder and Lightning?

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.:stickouttongue:

Since Texas appears to be out of it, how about Rivals do one of their "unbiased" articles where Green shares an interview with every single member of the FSU recruiting class discussing how wonderfully great it would be if Green joined the FSU class. You know, their unbiased journalism that if a suspicious person didn't know any better, he would swear Rivals was deliborately trying to stear the young man somewhere.

But of course, we all know that they would never do anything like that.;)

Yup....well said....

Two things: First, Texas doesn't have a running game to start with and now they want a multi faceted one right out of the chute? Secondly, Texas can't wharehouse recruits like they used to and they have about 23/24 verbals now.

Two things: First, Texas doesn't have a running game to start with and now they want a multi faceted one right out of the chute?

I definitely agree with you about right now and the past couple years. However if you look at what Texas is doing at oline recruiting and the pure fullback coming in change should be coming. They need to get away from the spread.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you about right now and the past couple years. However if you look at what Texas is doing at oline recruiting and the pure fullback coming in change should be coming. They need to get away from the spread.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Texas football but don't they have the same Offensive Coordinator? If I were Aaron i think i would question his expertise in a system switch. Nebraska knows the running game, it won't be an experiment. Of course i looking at this with a biased eye.

I don't pretend to be an expert on Texas football but don't they have the same Offensive Coordinator? If I were Aaron i think i would question his expertise in a system switch. Nebraska knows the running game, it won't be an experiment. Of course i looking at this with a biased eye.

That they do. But he is also the same coordinator that has coached Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and Jamaal Charles who are now putting up yards in the NFL. Texas is always having to tweak the system to fit the personnel. Vince Young wasn't going to run the same type system as Applewhite or Simms or even McCoy. The staff is moving toward a downfield running game with Gilbert relying more on playaction passing and getting the ball downfield. I definitely think this year the offense will see some growing pains with a new qb and some youth on the line. The first couple months the running game could be ugly. Maybe not. I do think a lot of the downhill running game philosophy is part of Muschamp starting to put his print on the program. If you are going to compete with SEC teams or Ohio State you need to be able to run the ball and you need to practice against the run and be able to stop teams from running the ball down your throat.

Last edited:
The running game could make or break Texas this year and as you said there will be some growing pains...OU and Nebraska back-to-back with the defense's both have will be a real measuring stick for Texas...and for that matter UCLA might just figure into it too....tough three game stretch....

That they do. But he is also the same coordinator that has coached Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and Jamaal Charles who are now putting up yards in the NFL. Texas is always having to tweak the system to fit the personnel. Vince Young wasn't going to run the same type system as Applewhite or Simms or even McCoy. The staff is moving toward a downfield running game with Gilbert relying more on playaction passing and getting the ball downfield. I definitely think this year the offense will see some growing pains with a new qb and some youth on the line. The first couple months the running game could be ugly. Maybe not. I do think a lot of the downhill running game philosophy is part of Muschamp starting to put his print on the program. If you are going to compete with SEC teams or Ohio State you need to be able to run the ball and you need to practice against the run and be able to stop teams from running the ball down your throat.

The running game could make or break Texas this year and as you said there will be some growing pains...OU and Nebraska back-to-back with the defense's both have will be a real measuring stick for Texas...and for that matter UCLA might just figure into it too....tough three game stretch....

That is definitely the stretch and I agree with you. The thing with OU and Nebraska is I think both of those teams are going to have just as hard a time moving the ball on the Texas defense as vice versa. Those are both going to be low scoring wars with turnovers and special teams playing huge roles. Much more worried about heading to Lubbock though than I am UCLA coming to Austin. UCLA is really getting hit with the injury bug.

No argument....what gives Nebraska an edge though, is the home field advantage especially after the CCG last year....the crowd is going to be crazy and hostile....unlike OU or UCLA who have no home field advantage....and you can't discount that as you know...plus the weather could be a factor if it turns cold early....

Finally I could see a dozen or more top recruits on had to boot....even more incentive for Nebraska....

Tech is a bit of an unknown with Tubberville...will they play defense better and can they still play offense like in the past? Most interested to see where he takes them...

That is definitely the stretch and I agree with you. The thing with OU and Nebraska is I think both of those teams are going to have just as hard a time moving the ball on the Texas defense as vice versa. Those are both going to be low scoring wars with turnovers and special teams playing huge roles. Much more worried about heading to Lubbock though than I am UCLA coming to Austin. UCLA is really getting hit with the injury bug.

No argument....what gives Nebraska an edge though, is the home field advantage especially after the CCG last year....the crowd is going to be crazy and hostile....unlike OU or UCLA who have no home field advantage....and you can't discount that as you know...plus the weather could be a factor if it turns cold early....

Finally I could see a dozen or more top recruits on had to boot....even more incentive for Nebraska....

Tech is a bit of an unknown with Tubberville...will they play defense better and can they still play offense like in the past? Most interested to see where he takes them...

Oh I definitely agree about homefield in Lincoln. That will be a toughie for sure. Just hard to speculate too much about that game 7 weeks away not knowing how the Texas offense will respond to the Tech and OU challenges.

Tech plays Texas out of their minds in Lubbock. I think Mack is 6-0 against Tech in Austin and 3-3 in Lubbock. A couple of those losses Texas took top 5 teams in and all three times victories in Lubbock would have meant a South title that didn't happen. Lubbock is always in a frenzy with a bunch of talented well coached kids with chips on their shoulders that feel UT didn't think they were good enough to play for them. Never a fan of the trip to Lubbock rolling around on the schedule.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back