• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A solution for Coach Frost

sdhusker

All Legend
20 Year Member
First of all get to six wins. The Huskers need to 3 weeks of bowl practice for next year.

IF/when NU gets to six wins, SF should hang a blank depth chart in the locker. Then he should tell the team, I don't care who you are, where you came from, how many "stars" where after your name or what grade you are in..........give me 22 guys who want to play football. I am going to start anyone with "want to"...........I would rather lose with guys who are football players than go .500 with guys who play football. Let me restate that gentlemen........ I am going to start anyone with "want to"!!!!

I have seen or watched tape of over 1000 football games, been on the sidelines for many. "Want to" wins a helluva a lot of games. So do football players...........against Minnesota Wandale was the only football player Nebraska had.

What is a "football player"? It starts with Butkus & Nagurski and goes on with Lambert, Lott, Ditka, Hines Ward, Jack Youngblood, Csonka etc.

Kenny Bell was a football player, Terrel Farley, Wistrom, Peters, Tomich, Rathman......just to name a few. A football player will play anyone, anywhere, anytime in any conditions and will try to destroy the will of the other team. I believe it was Jared Tomich that said "Every man has his breaking point, and we are going to find his" about Danny Wuerffel. and they did.

If you don't subscribe to Tomich's theory.............clear out your locker. End of story.

Last edited:

Don’t wait for six wins (we aren’t getting there), start tomorrow.

Otherwise I agree, half of our starters (at least) have no discipline and ‘want to’. We would be much better with a slow walk on that could line up properly, not jump offside, hold onto the ball, avoid personal fouls, and fight.

I think Scott knows. He played here. He won a national championship here. He played for a legend that you played good football, or you weren’t playing. He has to be sick about what’s happening I would guess. I think he knows he will have to make some tough decisions. He doesn’t like getting his ass kicked either and it’s on him and he knows it. It’s his reputation. And he is highly thought of. He knows he has to get this corrected. However, he also knows the honeymoon period is over and people are starting to question.

HIO,
We have conversed many times for many years on here and you always know your football. I agree I think he knows. He seems pretty passive, but so do snipers before they pull the trigger.

My post wasn't so much a solution, but a mandate...... I hope he "gets" it.

Last edited:
Why he has stood and watched this oline get pummeled for 7 weeks with no changes is uncomprehendable

HIO,
We have conversed many times for many years on here and you always know your football. I agree I think he knows. He seems pretty passive, but so do snipers before they pull the trigger.

My post wasn't so much a solution, but a mandate...... I hope he "gets" it.
I would sure hope he does. He doesn’t seem oblivious to me. If he is, he won’t be here long. This has to start getting turned around fast. You have to be gaining on improvement. You can’t regress. USA Today read some Frost quotes before the season. None of which prove accurate at all so far.

I would sure hope he does. He doesn’t seem oblivious to me. If he is, he won’t be here long. This has to start getting turned around fast. You have to be gaining on improvement. You can’t regress. USA Today read some Frost quotes before the season. None of which prove accurate at all so far.

This has to start getting turned around fast or what? Good lord.

This has to start getting turned around fast or what? Good lord.
You have to head northward. Not southward like we are seeing. I guess you missed his own pre season quotes? This team is regressing. That’s on him and his staff. There is still time, but the needle needs to point north. Right now it is due south. Some of you act like 10 years is needed. Bull. I bet SF would tell you the same thing.

And I never said an or. People are noticing, and not just Husker fans. Nationally people are noticing. That can hurt you. Yeah, I’d say he does need to get the needle heading north.

Again, or else what? If it doesn't get moving "north" soon, then what? Besides an abundance of Fire the Staff threads, this guy is here for, hopefully, a long time. Maybe the stupids in our fanbase will drive him away but I hope not. So I guess we all need to calm the hell down and be patient.

Again, or else what? If it doesn't get moving "north" soon, then what? Besides an abundance of Fire the Staff threads, this guy is here for, hopefully, a long time. Maybe the stupids in our fanbase will drive him away but I hope not. So I guess we all need to calm the hell down and be patient.
Is he safe for at least two more years? Absolutely.

I think the ‘or else’ is that recruits will start to lose interest in time (right now he is still ‘hot’ but cooling), and that a lot of fans (and thus money) already have lost interest.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back