• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked A potential nail in the Bubba to the Huskers coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know it happens, but if i were a MLB manager/front office/ owner, i would be skeptical about drafting a high school kid to be a pitcher. i guess they see enough pitches and they probably bring someone in to have him throw pitches to, but he is unproven in the majors. they spend millions and say he never gets out of AA or AAA. to me money not well spent.

guess i hope he just comes to nebraska. maybe im just wishing a little to much.

Didn't the Giants take Tim Lincecum out of high school? Or maybe it was college after all. I just know he was this young "upstart" guy who wound up being one of the best pitchers in the league as a rookie.

i dont know anything about the high school players going into the majors. couldnt even tell you how many did that or who they were. i was just asking if it happens alot. i dont follow MLB at all. also if i was a manager/front office/owner i would not draft a high school kid i guess. but i guess thats why im stuck here on the couch. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back