• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A lot of positivity on twitter today

I believe WR1 busted his ass and did everything he could to turn it around. I personally don't think he was ever part of the problem and he seems to be the type of teammate everyone would love to have. COVID is a crazy thing and you take a kid from Frankfurt KY to Lincoln NE with no chance to go home and see loved ones and I can easily see how a young man would want to go home and be with his family. Lexington is 20 minutes from where he grew up.

Sam McKewon's article on Wan'dale and McCaffrey is excellent IMO.

Like Frost said, I'll always appreciate and like Wan'dale because he busted his rear end for his team both on the field and off it. But COVID only played a role, it wasn't the sole reason he decided to leave. His Dad and his personal trainer weren't behind his decision to sign with Nebraska in the first place. Back then it was because JD Spielman was the starter in the slot. Now it's likely because Frost's had to use Wan'dale as a RB too much. Kentucky just hired an LA Rams assistant coach to be their OC. They sold him on it helping him get to the NFL. IMO it probably came down to Wan'dale not believing that Frost wouldn't come to him in 2021 and ask him to play RB again because Scott, Ervin, etc. were either injured or not playing well.

Last edited:

I am unhappy with the product on the field, it is good to see so many in unity on twitter, but like it was mentioned that doesn't make a winner on the field, it just means on twitter people are unified.

You need more than unity on twitter, you need to show it on the field! This isn't poo pooing anything, it is demanding more than good twitter vibes.

I am unhappy with the product on the field, it is good to see so many in unity on twitter, but like it was mentioned that doesn't make a winner on the field, it just means on twitter people are unified.

You need more than unity on twitter, you need to show it on the field! This isn't poo pooing anything, it is demanding more than good twitter vibes.
I want them to win also. Everyone on this board does. Sometimes I just like to see them be happy. They should enjoy these years win or lose. At 40 I wish I could go back to those days. I didn’t play college sports but I miss my twenties.

I would agree, the problem is the guys who apparently “aren’t willing to ride and get this fixed” keep stacking up.
And just like every year, there are always going to be guys who aren't willing to make the necessary sacrifices. We don't seem to be struggling attracting some excellent recruits and transfers, and the majority of people are very impressed with the talent and development of the new players on the lines. Apparently, you can't please everyone.

Sam McKewon's article on Wan'dale and McCaffrey is excellent IMO.

Like Frost said, I'll always appreciate and like Wan'dale because he busted his rear end for his team both on the field and off it. But COVID only played a role, it wasn't the sole reason he decided to leave. His Dad and his personal trainer weren't behind his decision to sign with Nebraska in the first place. Back then it was because JD Spielman was the starter in the slot. Now it's likely because Frost's had to use Wan'dale as a RB too much. Kentucky just hired an LA Rams assistant coach to be their OC. They sold him on it helping him get to the NFL. IMO it probably came down to Wan'dale not believing that Frost wouldn't come to him in 2021 and ask him to play RB again because Scott, Ervin, etc. were either injured or not playing well.

Add Morrison, Johnson, etc to the rb list.
It wasnt him running, he didnt make the huge plays that often, you could see it on the field when he got tackled, he wanted more.
I just dont think this guy from the rams will find huge open paths for Wandale to hit, not with the talent in kentucky and who they have to play.

Add Morrison, Johnson, etc to the rb list.
It wasnt him running, he didnt make the huge plays that often, you could see it on the field when he got tackled, he wanted more.
I just dont think this guy from the rams will find huge open paths for Wandale to hit, not with the talent in kentucky and who they have to play.

Per a comment *** made on a different thread, Wandale was apparently as baffled as I was that we used him as our 'battering ram' in goal-line situations.

I want them to win also. Everyone on this board does. Sometimes I just like to see them be happy. They should enjoy these years win or lose. At 40 I wish I could go back to those days. I didn’t play college sports but I miss my twenties.

I know everyone wants them to win, that is a given, or you wouldn't be here.

My post had nothing to do with players transferring.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back