• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A look at Frost's nine wins in two years

13-0 is still 13-0. It doesn't matter where it happened and it shouldn't be dismissed.
I could use the old broken clock analogy but yes it was a hell of season at 13-0. What I found interesting is Heupel went 12-0 the next season. I believe he inherited a lot of talent which Frost also inherited imo. Since it's not a P5 conference it's difficult to access coaching acumen to say the Big 10. UCF has actually had talent going into the NFL over the past 10 years. Frost put it all together and they certainly had a magic season but right now he has a losing 3 of 4 years as a HC.

I'm still sold on SF and hope he's going to get things turned around at Nebraska. To be honest the 100% certainty I had regarding SF 2 years ago has however taken a severe beating this season. Just have to wait and see what improvements he can accomplish in the off season.

I could use the old broken clock analogy but yes it was a hell of season at 13-0. What I found interesting is Heupel went 12-0 the next season. I believe he inherited a lot of talent which Frost also inherited imo. Since it's not a P5 conference it's difficult to access coaching acumen to say the Big 10. UCF has actually had talent going into the NFL over the past 10 years. Frost put it all together and they certainly had a magic season but right now he has a losing 3 of 4 years as a HC.

I'm still sold on SF and hope he's going to get things turned around at Nebraska. To be honest the 100% certainty I had regarding SF 2 years ago has however taken a severe beating this season. Just have to wait and see what improvements he can accomplish in the off season.

Heupel went 12-1. And then what, 8-4 this year or 9-3?

Heupel went 12-1. And then what, 8-4 this year or 9-3?
In 2018 they were 12-0 before losing to LSU in bowl. This year 9-3 without their bowl. Might add they lost their 3 games by a TOTAL of 7 points! Just saying there's a lot of talent at UCF which didn't totally start with Frost.

In 2018 they were 12-0 before losing to LSU in bowl. This year 9-3 without their bowl. Might add they lost their 3 games by a TOTAL of 7 points! Just saying there's a lot of talent at UCF which didn't totally start with Frost.

So they could just as easily by undefeated again if I apply the SF close game standard. Woot woot!

C

I agree with you. But 13-0 is still 13-0. Not many coaches accomplish that and it shouldn't be diminished.

I agree with you. But 13-0 is still 13-0. Not many coaches accomplish that and it shouldn't be diminished.
I'd say most coaches never experience a perfect season. SF hit the jackpot on only his 2nd year as a HC which is pretty amazing. Bob Stoops not only went undefeated his 2nd season at OU, but also won a NC. Never equaled that record again over his next 16 years and not another NC either. So yea it's extremely rare to have a perfect season especially at the P5 level. Stoops however went on to have a 190-48 W-L record at OU which I'm sure most Husker fans would be happy with.

I'm not attempting to diminish Frosts undefeated season but rather put it in perspective. What he did at UCF in 2 years is a long ways from what's been done in his first 2 years in Lincoln. Very different situation at Nebraska versus UCF and playing in the Big 10 isn't easy. My hope is like all our other fans that simply want to see him succeed at Nebraska. The LAST thing we need right now is another coaching change and that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future imo.

I'd say most coaches never experience a perfect season. SF hit the jackpot on only his 2nd year as a HC which is pretty amazing. Bob Stoops not only went undefeated his 2nd season at OU, but also won a NC. Never equaled that record again over his next 16 years and not another NC either. So yea it's extremely rare to have a perfect season especially at the P5 level. Stoops however went on to have a 190-48 W-L record at OU which I'm sure most Husker fans would be happy with.

I'm not attempting to diminish Frosts undefeated season but rather put it in perspective. What he did at UCF in 2 years is a long ways from what's been done in his first 2 years in Lincoln. Very different situation at Nebraska versus UCF and playing in the Big 10 isn't easy. My hope is like all our other fans that simply want to see him succeed at Nebraska. The LAST thing we need right now is another coaching change and that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future imo.
True. But Stoops only had to turn around 3 years of 12-22 John Blake culture. I imagine if he had to deal with 3 years of 19-19 Mike Riley culture he wouldn’t have even got to .500 his first and second years.

Last edited:

True. But Stoops only had to turn around 3 years of 12-22 John Blake culture. I imagine if he had to deal with 3 years of 19-19 Mike Riley culture he wouldn’t have even got to .500 his first and second years.
Perhaps but Stoops also kept that program at a high level for many years. He did take a losing culture and a program in total disarray and turned it around quickly. If we can't get things turned around by the end of next season Frost might never get it turned around. The question really is how much time is enough time for Nebraska to get back on track? I don't know except from my own perspective. If we're still struggling, a losing record and nothing positive after 4 years then admin needs to serious evaulate how to go forward.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back