• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked A.J. Bush transfers to Iowa Western Community College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could make things even more interesting as the season progresses. POB now alone at 3rd . . . if he starts seriously breathing down Fyfe's neck, does Riley still try to keep his RS this year? If TA goes down or is ineffective, do you play POB?

If POB does progress that much, it's very likely that he would play in that situation.

He seems like a good dude. I wish him well.

If you're battling a true frosh for the 3rd string spot, it's likely a better idea to find opportunities to play elsewhere...unless you just want to ride the pine and collect a free degree.

Free, as in working your ass off all year

Kind of surprised AJ didn't leave after the Spring, but it looks like he gave it his best shot. Wrong skill set with this staff although I'm sure he can be successful elsewhere. Good luck young man.

I remember that. They did a story on him after he left, mentioning that they found him reading a copy of Moby Dick; like we don't read that in the 8th grade in Nebraska.

Of course I have never read Moby Dick (but I did watch the Ron Howard movie on "the writing" and "back story"); but I do remember reading John Steinbeck's "The Red Pony". Nebraska was always highly biased towards reading John Steinbeck for some reason. He doesn't make the lists in Texas. Too much a commie for this state. That said, Witt didn't exactly acquit himself well in the long run. And no pun intended.

Last edited:
Kind of surprised AJ didn't leave after the Spring, but it looks like he gave it his best shot. Wrong skill set with this staff although I'm sure he can be successful elsewhere. Good luck young man.

I think the timing may have something to do with Tanner Lee getting an extra year. That puts both Lee and OBrien here through Bush's senior year in addition to Gebbia next year. Makes playing time for Bush pretty slim unless he beats out one of them.

Also, according to the article in tonight's OWH Bush's dad stated there was a "disconnect" in the relationship between Langsdorf and Bush which doesn't help matters much. As you said, different skill set than they are used to having, although I believe Riley may warming up to the idea of incorporating some spread with a mobile QB while they have one. It'll be interesting to see if they ever look at recruiting QB's with more mobility than they typically have.

Last edited:

So third string QB's are expected to leave but we expect third string linemen to gut it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back