• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

8 recruits.

According to looking at the number of recruits the majority of the big players in college football have right now. I don't think anyone would say after looking at the number of recruits we have and seeing the percentage of the high end recruits that have already committed that we aren't behind schedule. That could change and I realize the kids we have are kids that we are pretty excited about but the reality is it will be very hard to turn this into a top 20 class with the way things are looking right now.
Momentum, or lack thereof, on the field leads to momentum. or lack thereof, in recruiting.

Momentum, or lack thereof, on the field leads to momentum. or lack thereof, in recruiting.
top that off with zero draft picks last year. Start winning some games and competing for divisional and conference titles along with developing players and getting them drafted and recruiting will get easier.

Sometimes. But not always.

But that opinion is exactly why the Colorado game was hugely important. Momentum. All will be "forgiven" with a win over OSU, of course. But that seems a little unlikely. And with the "losable" games sprinkled throughout the Big 10 schedule it may be that on-field momentum never materializes. Then what?

That colorado game sucked for more than just the W/L aspect of it.

According to looking at the number of recruits the majority of the big players in college football have right now. I don't think anyone would say after looking at the number of recruits we have and seeing the percentage of the high end recruits that have already committed that we aren't behind schedule. That could change and I realize the kids we have are kids that we are pretty excited about but the reality is it will be very hard to turn this into a top 20 class with the way things are looking right now.

We are behind schedule but that could change. So which is?

This will tough to have a Top 20 class? I disagree

top that off with zero draft picks last year. Start winning some games and competing for divisional and conference titles along with developing players and getting them drafted and recruiting will get easier.
Recruiting will never be easy at Nebraska due to obvious geographical challenges. It may get better with more winning but I am willing to bet any amount of money that it won’t ever be consistently top 10 type classes.

It has been awfully quiet around here. N2FL even mentioned in another thread awhile back that the staff would like to be further along. Nonetheless, it’s still early and as already brought up, the big ticket visits are still ahead.

Last edited:
It has been awfully quiet around here. N2FL even mentioned in another thread awhile back that the staff would like to be further along. Nonetheless, it’s still early and as already brought up, the big ticket visits are still ahead.
I thought the comments even last year was to use the great game day atmosphere as kind of the ‘closer’ for recruits. We’re 1 home game into the schedule, maybe we should let things play out a little longer.

We now have 10 recruits but there are 10 B1G teams that have more than us:

We need a winning season this year to help bring in high quality recruits.

Last edited:

I never said Bookie couldn't start at NU, you did. IMO he was guaranteed a starting spot at OU, why do you think he played safety when he was a corner? He wasn't good enough to win a spot at corner so they gave him a safety spot. And don't think they made the final 4 because of him, he looked lost quite a bit.
just stop digging

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back