• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

8 recruits.

We could change the heading to “10 recruits,” but it is two games into the season and we almost alone among P5 schools have more than a dozen commits to get. Most of us who have said “don’t worry“ were say a strong start would save this class with its strong start. Winning and strong classes are a chicken and egg conundrum. Harder to turn this ship around than most of us thought, or so the sting of the CU game makes it seem.

I have to admit I am getting a little anxious here. We are behind schedule on recruiting and there doesn't seem to be much buzz either. In the past there would be several active threads on the recruiting forum but this forum has been pretty dead for the better part of the last 2 months. Maybe that doesn't mean anything but it sure isn't encouraging.

I have to admit I am getting a little anxious here. We are behind schedule on recruiting and there doesn't seem to be much buzz either. In the past there would be several active threads on the recruiting forum but this forum has been pretty dead for the better part of the last 2 months. Maybe that doesn't mean anything but it sure isn't encouraging.

Behind "schedule" according to whom?

Behind "schedule" according to whom?
According to looking at the number of recruits the majority of the big players in college football have right now. I don't think anyone would say after looking at the number of recruits we have and seeing the percentage of the high end recruits that have already committed that we aren't behind schedule. That could change and I realize the kids we have are kids that we are pretty excited about but the reality is it will be very hard to turn this into a top 20 class with the way things are looking right now.

According to looking at the number of recruits the majority of the big players in college football have right now. I don't think anyone would say after looking at the number of recruits we have and seeing the percentage of the high end recruits that have already committed that we aren't behind schedule. That could change and I realize the kids we have are kids that we are pretty excited about but the reality is it will be very hard to turn this into a top 20 class with the way things are looking right now.

Keep in mind our big visit weekends are coming up, especially the OSU game. If we don't have a lot of activity after that, then it's time to be a little concerned.

Don't mistake our lack of posting in the recruiting forum to mean the coaches aren't recruiting. For me personally, things have changed and I don't have as much time as before to see what is going on in recruiting.

Keep in mind our big visit weekends are coming up, especially the OSU game. If we don't have a lot of activity after that, then it's time to be a little concerned.
[/QUOT
That is true, I just worry that when I come to the recruiting board it is the same threads here everyday with very few updates. It seems in years past these boards were a lot more active this time of year. That may or may not have something to do with the actual recruiting or it just may mean recruiting board traffic is down but it makes me worry.

Don't mistake our lack of posting in the recruiting forum to mean the coaches aren't recruiting. For me personally, things have changed and I don't have as much time as before to see what is going on in recruiting.
I have no doubt the coaches are recruiting, there just doesnt seem to be much news.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back