• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

8 recruits.

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
I know this has been discussed a bit in other threads but I don't want it to get lost in the 84th post. If ever there was a year to go into a season with a low number this is it. There are a lot of factors that haven't taken place yet that are affecting it. Most notably is they had to use up all their official visits in their first year. I really believe that SF has set the tone for a great set of recruits that are a little bit on the fence right now. I think a great season this year...….which I am expecting...….and we will see a flood gate of recruits coming in that will satisfy both the fans that study player evaluation/position needs and those of us that are star gazers. I'm glad we don't have 20 commits right now with no room at the Inn for those end of season highly ranked recruits who have had they eyes awakened.

I know this has been discussed a bit in other threads but I don't want it to get lost in the 84th post. If ever there was a year to go into a season with a low number this is it. There are a lot of factors that haven't taken place yet that are affecting it. Most notably is they had to use up all their official visits in their first year. I really believe that SF has set the tone for a great set of recruits that are a little bit on the fence right now. I think a great season this year...….which I am expecting...….and we will see a flood gate of recruits coming in that will satisfy both the fans that study player evaluation/position needs and those of us that are star gazers. I'm glad we don't have 20 commits right now with no room at the Inn for those end of season highly ranked recruits who have had they eyes awakened.
Agreed. I think Frost's reputation is keeping us in consideration by some highly ranked recruits. If we prove to those recruits that we can win (and win big), we will be on their final list right to signing date. We need to have room available, and to just win.

A little confused by this, what do you mean?
I don't have the exact explanation that was given somewhere in one of these threads but I believe there was a reference to some type of reset to the new official visit time period and some recruits might have used it earlier couldn't because they had been used up quickly in the process last year during the transition. Maybe that was an issue then that isn't an issue now.

I don't have the exact explanation that was given somewhere in one of these threads but I believe there was a reference to some type of reset to the new official visit time period and some recruits might have used it earlier couldn't because they had been used up quickly in the process last year during the transition. Maybe that was an issue then that isn't an issue now.
Ya, they were running short their first year here, but it didn’t take a toll on the 2020 class as they couldn’t take officials at that time. It only mattered to the 2019 class that ended up pretty good.

im glad theres only 8...... the majority of the best ones wait til late in the season..... hopefully well be finalizing a 9 or 10 win season to convince some real difference makers to get on board now,

Ya, they were running short their first year here, but it didn’t take a toll on the 2020 class as they couldn’t take officials at that time. It only mattered to the 2019 class that ended up pretty good.
My correction then. I thought there was a reset that was hampering the 2020 class until the start of the fall season.

My correction then. I thought there was a reset that was hampering the 2020 class until the start of the fall season.
Eleven 2020 recruits have already been on an OV this spring/summer, and the new OV allotment resets this fall. As of now, things are in pretty good shape as far as that is concerned.

You said, flood gates.

Attachments

• 1564011272202.png
    1564011272202.png
    451.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Im totally fine with only 8 committs so far, ... when we win 9+ games this year, its gonna open the door for a few more high profile recruits that dont even seem to be on the radar now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back