• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

7-0 Start?

All I know is we start out against a team Frost is 0-2 against. Now, they are installing a new defense with no spring and a DC that we all despise. If we lose that one.... i'm going to be real worried.
If we lose we need another shutdown. We were better than them twice. Either he can coach or not, we will find out this year.

The biggest. Crazy thing is, we could be significantly better than we were last year and not have the W-L record to show it. The schedule is brutal.......
I am hoping that Iowa and Minnesota have underwhelming seasons. But I agree, on the surface, its a very tough schedule.

Riley ..... 7-0 start in 2016 and #6 in Coaches poll. Almost 8-0 ..... lost in O.T. (@Madison)
http://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2016.html

b2b03fcb-5f72-4530-b140-fcd3bbff5e85.jpg

It was a farse. That team wasn’t any good at all.

Man, I can remember that like it was 4 years ago....I knew when that team got punched in the mouth, the season was over. So overrated, so overhyped. I cringed at every espn piece about Texas and Nebraska "being back"

Last edited:

Man, I can remember that like it was 4 years ago....I knew when that team got punched in the mouth, the season was over. So overrated, so overhyped. I cringed at every espn piece about Texas and Nebraska "being back"

Nebraska has gotten so good at loosing, I developed a comedic response to the inevitable 'What happened to Nebraska?' comments that would follow at work.

"Did it go somewhere?"

Yet the most overrated team in the past five years was the 2019 Huskers. The only one of the five to start the season ranked.

Defrost.

The 2016 Riley team reminded me of the Pelini years. 9 wins, but choke late-season when the spotlight was turned on. At this point, I'd actually take that.

Last edited:
Yet the most overrated team in the past five years was the 2019 Huskers. The only one of the five to start the season ranked.

Defrost.

The 2016 Riley team reminded me of the Pelini years. 9 wins, but choke late-season when the spotlight was turned on. At this point, I'd actually take that.

One good thing so far about the SF teams is they have been trending up and playing their best ball at the end of the season which has been nice change from BP and Riley teams. It just never translated into late season wins yet. Huskers have to learn how to win again.

We better start 5-2 or we are more than likely heading to another bowl-less season.

As Nebraska is now 21 years since a conference title, 19 years since playing in a national title game they probably didn't deserve to be in, and somewhere around the 8th time that we all start thinking Nebraska is back, count me in the "no more talk, prove it" group. Would 7-0 be great, hell yes and I hope they do it. But 4-3 is probably more realistic.

I will be surprised if our boys are better than 4-3 after 7 games. If Huskers lose the first 2, I'm not sure they are mentally strong enough to make a significant rebound in the remaining 5 of the 7 game start to claw back to 4-3.

Haven't read through this entire thread yet, but I want to write down my thoughts before I forget. :Thumbsdown2:

I'm not going to predict 7-0 by any means. There's not a single team on our schedule that we can look past. Including CMU. Most certainly including SDSU. Rutgers has been horrible, but how big a win would it be for them to knock us off? Might be just what Schiano needs to kick start the program. (Side note: I'm sick and tired of being the team that other teams knock off to kick start their programs.)

As of right now, the Purdue game scares me. And I only say "scares" because, as a powerless fan on the sideline, all I can do is watch the mayhem as it unfolds. I guarantee Brohm will have his team pumped up. Pumped up, yes, but ready? Who knows, with their injury situation, and their new DC. And what an insult it would be if their D shuts us down...

But if we can win that opener, it may just be the spark we need to start 7-0. Some of those early games could be ugly, but who knows. I would gladly take a season like the Gophers had last year.

Last edited:

If we are 3-4 or even 4-3, does anyone think we don’t lose the last 5? I just couldn’t take 5-2 and the having 5 weeks of not getting to bowl eligibility. That would destroy most every glass half full fan left.
It would squarely put Frost on the hot seat imo, if your scenario plays out. Have to start winning. It’s not like he took over Kansas.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back