• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

6 wins and 14 losses

Ronznotes

Recruit
5 Year Member
We have won 4 games against teams that have a total of 6 wins. None of those 4 teams will, barring a 6-6 finish, will have a winning record. Last year, two wins were against winning programs.

I wish our wins were against teams that look a bit better, but they are wins.

We can get to 6 or 7 wins and not have to beat a winning team.

8 wins requires a pretty significant upset.

We have beaten the teams we were supposed to beat, except for Colorado......Now comes the challenging part of our schedule. The games we are even with the other team, or supposed to lose outright. Good teams win the easy games, and some of the tougher ones. Average teams win the easy games, and struggle the rest of the season. I believe this iteration of the Mighty Men of Corn is a good team, and we will see victories over teams we are even with, and an "upset" or two the rest of the way.

We have won 4 games against teams that have a total of 6 wins. None of those 4 teams will, barring a 6-6 finish, will have a winning record. Last year, two wins were against winning programs.

I wish our wins were against teams that look a bit better, but they are wins.

We can get to 6 or 7 wins and not have to beat a winning team.

8 wins requires a pretty significant upset.

We have beaten the teams we were supposed to beat, except for Colorado......Now comes the challenging part of our schedule. The games we are even with the other team, or supposed to lose outright. Good teams win the easy games, and some of the tougher ones. Average teams win the easy games, and struggle the rest of the season. I believe this iteration of the Mighty Men of Corn is a good team, and we will see victories over teams we are even with, and an "upset" or two the rest of the way.
Minnesota (5-0), Purdue (1-4), Indiana (3-2), Maryland (3-2), Wisconsin (5-0) and Iowa (4-1)

Based on records wins against Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa would be upsets and games against Purdue, Indiana and Maryland should be "winnable". That leaves us 7-5!

FWIW - I think we also beat Minnesota and Iowa!

I agree.... I will say though, that as of right now i'm taking the 2018 Nebraska team to beat the 2019 Nebraska team. 6 more games left to flip that.

I agree and last October I couldn’t have imagine that to be the case.

Obviously some of that is personnel related, but not all. The ‘not all’ is what’s discouraging.

I agree and last October I couldn’t have imagine that to be the case.

Obviously some of that is personnel related, but not all. The ‘not all’ is what’s discouraging.
Luke Gifford, Ferguson 2018, Williams and Reed at safety, Farmer, Foster, Morgan, Ozigbo, Martinez 2018. Really when you look at it, the only real upgrade is Daniels at NG, you could make the case our DEs are better now, probably our corners, but that's it.

Luke Gifford, Ferguson 2018, Williams and Reed at safety, Farmer, Foster, Morgan, Ozigbo, Martinez 2018. Really when you look at it, the only real upgrade is Daniels at NG, you could make the case our DEs are better now, probably our corners, but that's it.

No question.

So we’ll see by seasons end if we have the kind of kids on the roster who can be coached and improve or not. My concern is we’re still more than a year away, my hope is this baptism by fire may galvanize the team and this staff making 2020 our ‘breakout’ season.

I think 2019 would beat 2018 team in the first couple games last year. But the second half season 2018 would win over 2019 first half season. Lets see how this next half season goes

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back