• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 5-star TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins picks Washington over Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Even Texas loses ou ton a top recruit once in a while....:)

Rivals 4**** 6.0 rated....

Scout 5****

Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins picks Washington over Texas Longhorns
Longhorns now turn attention to Cibolo Steele running back Malcolm Brown. Jaxon Shipley

The Longhorns lost a recruiting battle Monday for one of the nation's top tight end prospects when Austin Seferian-Jenkins of Gig Harbor, Wash., elected to stay close to home and play for the University of Washington.

Texas hopes the same kind of home-state advantage works in its favor in the next recruiting battle looming on the horizon.

Seferian-Jenkins' announcement was not a surprise. After visiting the Texas campus on Aug. 6-7, he attended three Washington practices, most recently on Saturday.

His home is about 50 miles from the Washington campus, and he made his announcement in front of a pro-Huskies crowd at the Gig Harbor Yacht Club.

The 6-foot, 7-inch, 260-pound Seferian-Jenkins, who caught 62 passes for 1,152 yards and 11 touchdowns as a junior, is ranked as the nation's No. 1 tight end in the 2011 class by Rivals.com.

"We're going to go get Rose Bowls and national championships," he said after pulling a Washington cap and football from a silver bag. "I firmly believe that."

Seferian-Jenkins would have been a bonus for what still appears to be a top-five class for Texas. But the Longhorns, who have 22 verbal pledges for 2011, now turn their attention to the player who has been their No. 1 target all along — running back Malcolm Brown of Cibolo Steele.

Brown is ranked No. 1 on the American-Statesman's Fabulous 55. After rushing for 2,170 yards and 33 touchdowns as a junior, the 6-1, 200-pounder is ranked by Rivals.com as the nation's top running back in the 2011 class and the 10th-best overall prospect.

Brown's final two schools are Texas and Alabama. He could make an announcement before Steele High's Aug. 28 opener against San Antonio Madison, because coach Mike Jenks would like to avoid distractions.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/lon...ian-jenkins-picks-washington-over-863241.html

Washington dismisses a solid TE, and gets another.
Maybe after dismissing Middleton, the coaches amped up their pitch on early PT?

Well Austin is a long way from Austin's home...

I must be dyslexic, when I first read your title I read it as "Austin TE" Seferian-Jenkins picks Washington over Texas... Now that would have been news...

Texas' recruiting is strong in Texas... that is what Mack Brown hath wrought... A lot of top talent was going to distant schools and even the Aggies had gained some ground on them. Yes, Texas has always recruited outside of Texas, and well, too. But their percentages there are not nearly as strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back