• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

5-0 if not for special teams

I think we would be 4-1 with good special teams play. Oklahoma missed a field goal also. We can’t say if we just made our field goals we would have won.
Changing a kicker in a big game like OU was is beyond the pale, it was at least a 2 point swing probably 3. Not only that, but it bit him in the ass at MSU changing punters

Special teams are a major problem, there are others, what this really says to me is that Scott is not head coaching material. It pains me to say this because he is one of Nebraska's fair haired boys and he should be.

Wasting the talent. Add in the poor coaching decisions and we are 2-3.
Have there been any good coaching decisions? I am not asking this rhetorically, but when I read posts like this it implies that there have only been poor coaching decisions. The overall team does not get this solid with only poor coaching decisions. It also does not go to 2-3 only good coaching decisions. We are somewhere closer to good than bad. The point of the OP is if you fix one aspect of the team, which accounts for less than 10 plays a game, and we are 5-0. But those ten plays have been really bad.

Changing a kicker in a big game like OU was is beyond the pale, it was at least a 2 point swing probably 3. Not only that, but it bit him in the ass at MSU changing punters
I have no problem with a coach benching a player who fails. In fact, I prefer it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back