• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4th straight overtime loss without even scoring

When they failed to win in the final possession of the game I knew they were going to lose in overtime. My wife is my witness.

C

It's mostly a personal and lack of depth, issue, holes to fill etc

Coaching could and should be better but a lot of it is dictated because of the above

It ain't going to be easy but we will get thete
I think it might be a little that we have young players that will need to and will get better game by game here, but I don't think the poor showing of the first two games against mediocre teams is mostly that. We have enough talent and experience to be sitting at 2-0 and looking pretty good at this point. Talent may be the bigger issue when we get to OSU, Wisky, etc. though.

Last edited:

When they failed to win in the final possession of the game I knew they were going to lose in overtime. My wife is my witness.

C
I'd say I was about 90% sure at that point. On the road, no momentum, backup place kicker, and lack of mental toughness in close games. Yep, no surprise.

I want he'd the replay of the BYU-TN game and one announcer commented that his opinion was to be aggressive in overtime. BYU started the 2nd overtime with a reverse and gashed the D for about 15 yards on first down. I would have liked to see us run something less conventional than we did. Frost said he went with those runs because they had worked earlier. It seemed we got ultra conservative and didn't allow AM the chance to win the game.

I want he'd the replay of the BYU-TN game and one announcer commented that his opinion was to be aggressive in overtime. BYU started the 2nd overtime with a reverse and gashed the D for about 15 yards on first down. I would have liked to see us run something less conventional than we did. Frost said he went with those runs because they had worked earlier. It seemed we got ultra conservative and didn't allow AM the chance to win the game.

Frost said he went with those runs because they had worked earlier......How much earlier....UCF earlier?

Frost said he called the run plays because he didn’t want to risk an interception. Seems he completely forgot about that “no fear of failure” stuff he has been preaching.

I looked up the last five OT games:

0 points
0 first downs
8 yards of net total offense in 16 plays
Passing 3-9, 20 yards, 2 INT
Sacked twice, -17 yards
That's 11 pass plays for 3 net yards
5 running plays for 5 net yards (0, 1, 2, 3, -1)

:(

0 points
0 first downs
Sacked twice, -17 yards

Now that's the consistency we've all been asking for out of this football team!

Coach Frost wanted to know our best running plays and as of yet, they don't know what they are. We dont have a play that we are confident will work almost every time. Even Callahan had that middle screen to the running back that usually always worked. TO, Solich, and Bo kept it in the hands of the qb.

I was supremely disappointed in the play-calling in OT. Your defense just did their job... the first play should have been some sort of run/pass option with AM rolling out to his right. Our TEs had a huge size mismatch and with Adrian's running ability they had to stay home which should have opened some passing lanes.

Trying to get to manageable down and distance is what you do for sustained drives... not 25 yards to a victory.

0 points
0 first downs
Sacked twice, -17 yards

Oof

Three things in my head about this.

I knew not having Pickering would be an issue in a close game. (duh)
Having a rookie Center is a real liability (duh)
As someone else said in another thread, we were spoiled by Rex B. and Ozigbo, guys that scrapped, clawed and fought for extra yardage by sheer force of will. Especially Rex.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back