• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4th of July Menu

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
What's everybody got planned for the 4th of July weekend? I'm sending my Queen off to work on the 4th (Daddy needs a new pair of shoes) so I'll be left unsupervised and to my own devices which means mass quantities of beer and whisky will be consumed and that I'll either be grilling or BBQing some meat. Just not sure what yet, hence, this thread.

Burgers and Brats on the 3rd.

Smoked pulled pork and ribs on the the 4th.

Last edited:
Burgers and Brats on the 3rd.

Smoked pulled pork and ribs on the the 4th.

Excellent choices. My weekend starts tonight so I'll probably do something tomorrow and Friday as well. Supposed to rain here until the end of recorded time though so, there's that to deal with...

Brisket on the 3rd, leftovers on the 4th (I'm working)

Excellent and a bummer all wrapped up into one.

Since I'm flying solo, I'm thinking about just crashing random parties around the city.

Last edited:
whatever 10 bucks will get me, cuz that's all i have right now

That should get you a 6 pack of The Beast and a Happy Meal. Sweet.

[video=youtube;i_kF4zLNKio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_kF4zLNKio#action=share[/video]

Last edited:
whatever 10 bucks will get me, cuz that's all i have right now

My credit card payment just posted; I have positive available credit!

wgsiz.gif

Last edited:

Went to the store to get ribs, and saw they had some awesome looking lamb chops for sale. So we'll be having Easter dinner for the 4th of July.

Currently eating a salad that I inherited (food voucher -- American Airlines stranded me for the night) at DFW airport yesterday and hauled home to Austin in my backpack. Let me know if you need any more status updates from me.

Derp. Posted this in the Weber Kettle thread instead of here.
I went with beef ribs and a Kona rubbed tri-tip, Saturday. I used the Weber again instead of firing up the big smoker because it was just me. The ribs were incredibly good but the tri-tip was a little dry. I'm not sure why because I pulled it at about 190 internal for pulling which is when I normally pull them from the barrel smoker. Oh well, it's still edible. For sides, I made collared greens, baked beans, grilled corn on the cob and garlic smashed potatoes.

I was stupid full by the end of the night so I had to switch from beer to whisky just before I started launching mortars into the adjacent subdivision.

Last edited:

Derp. Posted this in the Weber Kettle thread instead of here.
I went with beef ribs and a Kona rubbed tri-tip, Saturday. I used the Weber again instead of firing up the big smoker because it was just me. The ribs were incredibly good but the tri-tip was a little dry. I'm not sure why because I pulled it at about 190 internal for pulling which is when I normally pull them from the barrel smoker. Oh well, it's still edible. For sides, I made collared greens, baked beans, grilled corn on the cob and garlic smashed potatoes.

I was stupid full by the end of the night so I had to switch from beer to whisky just before I started launching mortars into the adjacent subdivision.

I think tri-tip is best cooked medium rare. I smoke and cook at 250 until the meat hits 120 and then sear it to 140 and pull it off.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back