• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

46,613 Scanned Tickets For Wisconsin...OUCH!!!!!

Husker Robbie

Stumblin and Bumblin My Way Through Life
5 Year Member
Have Husker fans already checked out? Saw in an article that Wrigley Field is the real curse of the Cubs. People will come no matter how bad the baseball is. That's why they invested in Wrigleyville and not the team. Is Alberts dong the same? Making the stadium smaller. Adding more fan amenities? Granted we need them. But...How about a Bowl game at least?

We were at the game and I assume (I know I shouldn't assume) if a number of folks forgot their long johns they might have abandoned the stadium for their t.v.'s.

Was a little nippy.

I probably should add the sarcasm emoji here.

Last edited:
Have Husker fans already checked out? Saw in an article that Wrigley Field is the real curse of the Cubs. People will come no matter how bad the baseball is. That's why they invested in Wrigleyville and not the team. Is Alberts dong the same? Making the stadium smaller. Adding more fan amenities? Granted we need them. But...How about a Bowl game at least?
A few more losing seasons and the stadium will not be full, no matter how much they reduce capacity.

No chance for a bowl game again, pretty clear MJ wasn't going to be retained, no official visitors to welcome, a bit cold, etc...

ADTA has been very clear that, "we [the team] need to do our part on the field." He knows that "Ws" are the ultimate and most critical "fan amenity" to attract and keep fans in the seats.

HCMR has a tall order in front of him. And while we all know it will take a bit of time, he himself stated that he'll to need to win (and win enough) while he's rebuilding the program. He learned that firsthand at Carolina.

It's going to be interesting to watch. I'm hopeful and cautiously optimistic.

When they did the last expansion, there were concerns about being able to continue to fill it. The expansion ended the waiting period for tickets. Couple that with every game is televised, and the hassles involved in getting to a game and people shouldn’t be surprised at attendance going down. Then 6 straight years of poor performance on the field we’re added on. The Wisconsin game was brutally cold with little confidence that an upset would make braving the cold ”worth it”.

Having said all that, the more interesting story is that fans have continued to support their team for 6 consecutive years of poor seasons. So one can focus on the positive or focus on the negative.

The weather was a HUGE factor. No tailgating hardly. The Champions club was packed---with heat, a bar and TVS.

A few more losing seasons and the stadium will not be full, no matter how much they reduce capacity.
Change seasons for games and you have something. Lose the first 2 games in 2023 to start 0-2, and I don’t think the first home game sells out. It’s a crap opponent to boot. Nebraska is a few losses away from 59,000 being the normal attendance.

A full stadium hasn’t ‘helped our win column at all the past decade. What are we clinging to again?

We were at the game and I assume (I know I shouldn't assume) if a number of folks forgot their long johns they might have abandoned the stadium for their t.v.'s.

Was a little nippy.

I probably should add the sarcasm emoji here.
My son and I came up from Texas for this game and a little nippy is definitely an understatement. We stayed for the entire game in spite of the weather. I am still trying to decide about my season tickets for next year. I will probably keep them but not sure how many games we will be attending since I recently retired it has gotten pretty pricey making the trip to Lincoln.

Yup...there in lies the problem. I cannot remember a Husker game in my lifetime that Nebraska fans didn't brave the cold, tailgate like crazy...even at 6:30am!, and sit through an entire game. We're now making excuses. It's cold! Our coach isn't coming back! I forgot my long johns! It's expensive! Trev is losing his audience.

My son and I came up from Texas for this game and a little nippy is definitely an understatement. We stayed for the entire game in spite of the weather. I am still trying to decide about my season tickets for next year. I will probably keep them but not sure how many games we will be attending since I recently retired it has gotten pretty pricey making the trip to Lincoln.

The tickets are probably the cheapest part of that trip anymore. We typically fly into Omaha, which now costs a fortune, but then we have a debate about whether it's easier to stay in Lincoln or in Omaha. Most of it depends on game time. Lincoln is limited to extremely expensive dump hotels (like the Cornhusker) or an overpriced Airbnb.

All that to say... if we are competitive, the fans will be back in droves. I wouldn't pass the Wisconsin game off as an outlier but Rhule's first few games will bring back optimism. If we go 1-11 next year though like he had in Y1 at Baylor, those last few games of the year will have an empty stadium.

Same could easily be said for dozens of teams who played in the bitter cold at 11:00 AM or 7:30 PM sometimes it’s better to watch at home especially if you are with kids. No big deal here it was SOLD OUT period.

My son had soccer obligations during the last couple of home games. I was not able to give away my tickets.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back