• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

43 points

It may be semantics, but we're talking about a poster that often confuses opinions and facts/truth. For example:

"He coached like a high school coach." Is that the truth? Or is that an opinion?

There are multiple examples of him saying his opinion is the truth or a fact.

I can tell you that it IS a fact that Division I-AA football is no longer called that, and it hasn't been called that for 15+ years.
Pretty truthful if you look at the play on the field, but I’m guessing you’ve missed that. Imagine that.

You're going to hurt some feelings with posts like this
Meh. I guess I am seen as a Frost and Martinez apologist but the truth is Frost should have fired Austin at least the year before and begged Vedral to stay. To me, it was the right move to keep Frost IF he can move us forward. This is the most positive I have been as a Husker fan since we fired Riley. Seven wins plus or he's had his chance.

Last edited:
Have you ever referred to the athletic teams based in Lincoln NE as the Huskers versus Cornhuskers? Its a different moniker.
The university uses both terms. If you can show me where the NCAA still uses "1-AA" then I'm happy to admit that I'm wrong.

Any comment on what constitutes an opinion vs. fact or truth?

Meh. I guess I am seen as a Frost and Martinez apologist but the truth is Frost should have fired Austin at least the year before and begged Vedral to stay. To me, it was the right move to keep Frost IF he can move us forward. This is the most positive I have been as a Husker fan since we fired Riley. Seven wins plus or he's had his chance.
Dup

6h04qa.gif

The university uses both terms. If you can show me where the NCAA still uses "1-AA" then I'm happy to admit that I'm wrong.

Any comment on what constitutes an opinion vs. fact or truth?
Did you, or did you not know, what 1AA was? I’m guessing you did, so why be a putz about it? The fact is, yes fact, they are exactly the same damn thing. You just wanted to throw out some technical BS.

You're going to hurt some feelings with posts like this

Seems to me there is a lot of hurt feelings on both sides of this argument and that's a stone cold fact

Thus not a lot of civil discussion as both sides dig in and toss rocks back and forth instead of listening and realizing they have a lot more in common if they would only open there eyes and ears

Then again wanting to be right with what ever group they hang with is more important than trying to reach out and have a civil discussion is my take on all of this

Those of us in the middle cling to hope but also realize there is a breaking point with this staff and team

As I have said a few times I would have been fine had the staff been let go after last year it would have been more than justified.

With that being said they weren't thus I personally hold out hope we can turn the corner BUT I am not naive enough to think another losing season buys this staff more time

Seven wins minimum and a bowl game for me this year and frankly I would like to more wins than that

Six and six will not cut it with me

Bottom line both of the sides that are dug in get there feelings all hurt a lot

The rest of us hold out hope but are not naive about the situation.

It's okay to hope and be positive while also being realistic about the situation

Going hardcore either way you lose me preaching the same thing over and over

We are going to soon enough how this off season change worked or did not work

In the mean time keep on postung

Did you, or did you not know, what 1AA was? I’m guessing you did, so why be a putz about it? The fact is, yes fact, they are exactly the same damn thing. You just wanted to throw out some technical BS.
I thought you were interested in truth and facts? Is what I posted not a fact? Why are you upset by it?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back