• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* WR Malachi Coleman N

Any HC would be happy to have MJ on staff I can assure you that. His recruiting is top 10 in the nation and his development of top receiver talent is probably top 5

tenor.gif

Any HC would be happy to have MJ on staff I can assure you that. His recruiting is top 10 in the nation and his development of top receiver talent is probably top 5
Probably but not necessarily. Some coaches might think they have better or can hire better, and they may not think that Mickey will be a "fit" on the staff.

And some head coaches are going to chafe at the requirement that the AD is requiring them to retain someone from the previous staff. They may think that if the AD is requiring this up front, he will try and micromanage their staff going forward also.

I'm not saying it is going to create a problem. Just that it could with certain candidates.

Probably but not necessarily. Some coaches might think they have better or can hire better, and they may not think that Mickey will be a "fit" on the staff.

And some head coaches are going to chafe at the requirement that the AD is requiring them to retain someone from the previous staff. They may think that if the AD is requiring this up front, he will try and micromanage their staff going forward also.

I'm not saying it is going to create a problem. Just that it could with certain candidates.
In this scenario, the head coach you hypothetically assumed wouldn’t keep Mickey shouldn’t be given the job because only an idiot would replace a nationally respected coach. Name another WR coach out there better. Sounds like you’re projecting your own thoughts of Mickey ona fictional coach.

In this scenario, the head coach you hypothetically assumed wouldn’t keep Mickey shouldn’t be given the job because only an idiot would replace a nationally respected coach. Name another WR coach out there better. Sounds like you’re projecting your own thoughts of Mickey ona fictional coach.
It happens all the time when a new coach gets hired. They want their own staff, and they have guys they know and trust.

I have mentioned several times that I really like Mickey so I hope he gets to stay, but not at the expense of driving away the best candidate for the job if that becomes a deal-breaker.

The biggest recruiting victory will be ... Nebraska landing Malachi Coleman

Nebraska landed one of its biggest recruits in recent memory when four-star athlete Malachi Coleman announced his intentions to stay home on Oct. 22. The Lincoln (Neb.) East standout opted to commit to the Huskers out of a top seven that also included Oklahoma, Michigan, Ole Miss, Oregon, Georgia and USC – despite numerous questions surrounding the program, with the most notable being the lack of a permanent head coach heading into signing day.

Much of Coleman's pledge is tied to interim coach Mickey Joseph's status, and should Joseph not end up coaching for the Huskers come next season, this pledge could potentially flip in a heartbeat. As things stand today, Coleman remains committed despite a push from other major schools. Should Nebraska land his signature on signing day he will undoubtedly be the biggest recruiting victory in the Big Ten.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back