• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* Top247 DE Tiaoalii Savea

I hate to see the young man make a decision based on something that will likely be a non-factor for him a few months after he reports to his chosen school, but obviously it is not my call or decision to make.

I hate to see the young man make a decision based on something that will likely be a non-factor for him a few months after he reports to his chosen school, but obviously it is not my call or decision to make.

Yeah, it seems like a really short-sighted approach if he's letting COVID have that much influence. I have to think COVID would not dramatically affect his time in Lincoln, but he has to make the decision. I'd guess there's a stronger root of staying close to family more than actual COVID concerns.

Yeah, it seems like a really short-sighted approach if he's letting COVID have that much influence. I have to think COVID would not dramatically affect his time in Lincoln, but he has to make the decision. I'd guess there's a stronger root of staying close to family more than actual COVID concerns.
I don't know if it's short-sighted. You have to make a decision based on your comfortability. Can you get more comfortable with someone or a school that you only have contact over twitter or zoom as opposed to a school you are familiar with and can get on campus to get a feel? With how college football is, most of these kids make decisions on how they feel in December of their senior year, only to have a huge thing be different once they actually get a year or two in (coaching change somewhere, scheme change, etc.)

I believe the Covid factor here is that he never got to visit Lincoln.

I believe the Covid factor here is that he never got to visit Lincoln.

Not sure I totally agree with that. I grew up with Polynesian-American kids in CA and they are extremely family oriented. I think his concern for family amid the pandemic is the overriding factor. I think that that would be the case even had the NCAA allowed OVs. I agree with *** the comfortably in his decision. For the record that is not a knock on NU or the staff they did a great job recruiting him

In the this same scenario may land Dickerson for Nebraska. As far as I know he has not visited MN yet and getting there on an unofficial is a whole lot easier than coming from LA. With that being said where he goes is still a mystery as he keeps things so close to the vest

Not sure I totally agree with that. I grew up with Polynesian-American kids in CA and they are extremely family oriented. I think his concern for family amid the pandemic is the overriding factor. I think that that would be the case even had the NCAA allowed OVs. I agree with *** the comfortably in his decision. For the record that is not a knock on NU or the staff they did a great job recruiting him

In the this same scenario may land Dickerson for Nebraska. As far as I know he has not visited MN yet and getting there on an unofficial is a whole lot easier than coming from LA. With that being said where he goes is still a mystery as he keeps things so close to the vest
It also probably doesn't have the concern for 'culture shock' for Dickerson going to Minnesota. California and Nebraska are far different than Minnesota and Nebraska...even though we all know those folks in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" are kind of weird.

Last edited:

I don't know if it's short-sighted. You have to make a decision based on your comfortability. Can you get more comfortable with someone or a school that you only have contact over twitter or zoom as opposed to a school you are familiar with and can get on campus to get a feel? With how college football is, most of these kids make decisions on how they feel in December of their senior year, only to have a huge thing be different once they actually get a year or two in (coaching change somewhere, scheme change, etc.)
I think I might have misread it. I was thinking he said it was family concerns related to COVID. It makes more sense if he had a chance to be face-to-face with the UCLA staff but could only zoom with the Nebraska staff. I agree that the sands can shift pretty abruptly on kids.

Last edited:
I think I might have misread it. I was thinking he said it was family concerns related to COVID. It makes more sense if he had a chance to be face-to-face with the UCLA staff but could only zoom with the Nebraska staff. I agree that the sands can shift pretty abruptly on kids.

He can not meet face to face on or off campus with any coach because the Dead Period is in force until April 15 until he signs a NLI

It also probably doesn't have the concern for 'culture shock' for Dickerson going to Minnesota. California and Nebraska are far different than Minnesota and Nebraska...even though we all know those folks in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" are kind of weird.

Depends on where you come from in CA

Central CA and the desert towns are very rural and more conservative. AM is from Fresno as but one example

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back