• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4 Star WR Jamire Calvin is 'N' (Huskers up to #17 in Scout Team Rankings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvin is pirate booty?
5ec0374cb374e3dab56a4c3f3db94ddc.jpg

There's little doubt we needed him. He is uber quick and runs good routes. He would have seen action next year whether he weighs 155 or not. If anything, just based on WR numbers alone, we needed him.

I'm not sure KW goes after him this time. You can only burn a program so many times. We missed out on others because of him.

There's little doubt we needed him. He is uber quick and runs good routes. He would have seen action next year whether he weighs 155 or not. If anything, just based on WR numbers alone, we needed him.

I'm not sure KW goes after him this time. You can only burn a program so many times. We missed out on others because of him.

I think the "missed out on others" is very likely. I can wrap my head around the entire Oregon State thing I guess, pressure from family and all. But when he flipped to Nebraska, with the sentiment that this is where he always wanted to be, he should have been settled. If he flips again to Wash State at this late juncture it makes one believe that there's a selfish component to his mindset and could be caustic in the locker room.

All that said, he is a great talent, and right now we don't know? He may still sign for Nebraska. All we can do is take everything with a grain of salt, and wait.

No 17 year-old in the USA currently thinks like this.

I don't know. KJ Jr, POB, Gebbia, and others all seemed content with the attention they got and appeared to be doing everything possible to help coaches go after future talent. Like society, I think it's a mixed bag.

Clouse also commented this morning that this much drama leading up to a commit usually doesn't bode well for the future. I'm not sure what he bases that on and I can think of a couple exceptions off the top of my head, but overall I think that makes sense. He created drama to see what kind of reaction he could get. How often is he willing to do that and when does it stop. I was in the "you take him because of his talent" camp, but I really don't care what he does anymore.

Meh...too much drama with this one. he'd be nice for the recruiting ranking boost but wherever he lands it will be temporary anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back