• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star WR Demariyon Houston Will Announce His School On NSD At 10AM

Julian Edelman is not a tall receiver but fast as heck. I'll take speed over height. Separate from a DB more important than jump higher than the DB.
Edelman isnt even all that fast from a 40 perspective. He's quick off the line and has high level quick twitch abilities. He runs really solid routes and executes each at 100%, which creates a problem for good d-backs who recognize tendencies in effort from one play to another (with many big name wideouts) depending on whether the ball is coming their way. You cant sleep on Jules. But trust me, he is no longer a player who can outrun most d-backs. But, he's just a technician, a baller to the extreme.

But to your point...I'm all in on speed at every position. Houston is pure speed. Bring it.

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions for those on this board with more football knowledge than me.

It doesn’t appear that NU will get the bigger body WR in this class unless there is a grad transfer in the works. But in this offense doesn’t Frost have the option to lineup the TE as basically a WR? I’m thinking someone like Katerian Legrone.

Even though he wasn't recruited for this offense, doesn't Kade Warner in some respects qualify as a big body receiver? He doesn't appear to have great speed but seems to have good hands.

I guess where I am going with this is what impact will it have on this season or next if we don't land that particular WR body type in this class?

I would argue they are useless if not thrown too. Too big of weapons to only use 20 some times last year.
If history repeats. TE come into play in year 2 of a SF offense with a new QB. Sample size is small. There have been multiple articles talking about how the TEs at UCF became more a part in year 2. I assume that is because the QBre more astute at reading progressions at that point.

If history repeats. TE come into play in year 2 of a SF offense with a new QB. Sample size is small. There have been multiple articles talking about how the TEs at UCF became more a part in year 2. I assume that is because the QBre more astute at reading progressions at that point.

Helps when you have a Jordan Akins too. Each of our guys have strengths, but none is the total package that he is.

https://247sports.com/college/centr...-football-spring-preview-tight-ends-51796500/

NFL draft round 3, pick 34 to the Texans: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-akins?id=32462018-0002-5601-08d8-43b2a4ee16b1

Edelman isnt even all that fast from a 40 perspective. He's quick off the line and has high level quick twitch abilities. He runs really solid routes and executes each at 100%, which creates a problem for good d-backs who recognize tendencies in effort from one play to another (with many big name wideouts) depending on whether the ball is coming their way. You cant sleep on Jules. But trust me, he is no longer a player who can outrun most d-backs. But, he's just a technician, a baller to the extreme.

But to your point...I'm all in on speed at every position. Houston is pure speed. Bring it.
And he’s tough as nails.

For those in the know

1 if he's such a stud, why is he down to KU and CU when so many top tier schools at one time offered?
2 why did he decommit from TU?
3 why is a kid that is supposed to have such aesawes speed from OKC not clicking with the Oklahoma schools

Not disputing his skills, just all seems odd to me

For those in the know

1 if he's such a stud, why is he down to KU and CU when so many top tier schools at one time offered?
3 why is a kid that is supposed to have such aesawes speed from OKC not clicking with the Oklahoma schools

Why don't you tell us?

You seem to have already made up your mind.

Jamie Nance did not connect with the Oklahoma schools either

Nor did DT/DE D. Thomas

Also makes you wonder how how Gayle Sayers and Barry Sanders did not connect with Nebraska and Kansas schools too. Right?

Why a kid chooses a particular school or schools could have to with distance (ie Jordan) academics etc.

As to why he decommitted from Texas I for one have no clue

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions for those on this board with more football knowledge than me.

It doesn’t appear that NU will get the bigger body WR in this class unless there is a grad transfer in the works. But in this offense doesn’t Frost have the option to lineup the TE as basically a WR? I’m thinking someone like Katerian Legrone.

Even though he wasn't recruited for this offense, doesn't Kade Warner in some respects qualify as a big body receiver? He doesn't appear to have great speed but seems to have good hands.

I guess where I am going with this is what impact will it have on this season or next if we don't land that particular WR body type in this class?

We have three TEs over 6'5" who if utalized as TEs or a hybrid role fit the bill just fine. Houston fits the skematic better and has speed to kill.

Not sure honestly what the fascination is with a big bodied receiver?

Not much impact in my opinion if we use the TEs as I suggested

Last edited:

For those in the know

At least its not like the Pelini days when kids with no P5 offers were brought in. Some had offers from some small school somewhere.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back