• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star WR Alante Brown Will OV On December 11

And yet, the fact remains...
When you combine the misses that aren't on the roster with how many were redshirting, I'm not sure you can read much into contribution. I can see a question about how the coach(es) handled redshirts with how little we were getting out of our WR corps, but I don't think we can judge contributions yet.

Last edited:

Sorry but you need some big bodies badly. Everyone in this thread that thinks you don’t is wrong. Every top team has a couple. Speed is great but need that big guy to go up and get the ball. Also our tight ends are soft really really soft.

I'd love to have some CeeDee's on this team...but they are rare. If SF can show he can compete for championships I think some of those guys would love to be in Scarlet and Cream. Not sure we've had one of those since Irving Fryar.

Just want to point out that those great Oregon teams that Frost was on staff with had prominent receivers like Bralon Addison (5-10, 190), Josh Huff (5-11, 202), Keanon Lowe (5-9, 186), Devon Allen (6-0, 185) and Charles Nelson (5-8, 177). I mean, they had a couple of taller guys like Darren Carrington (6-2, 205), but by and large they had shorter guys.

Does Frost want more Stanley Morgan types? Well, of course. But keep in mind he's been recruiting to this offense for a decade. He knows what he wants and whose skillset fits. Marcus Fleming and Alante Brown are great fits.

Some of you get ridiculous when anyone disagrees with you. I’m glad they are recruiting this kid. All anyone is saying is you need some big bodies at wide receiver. Oregon since that’s the example given had four wide receivers at 6’3”, two 6’5” tight ends, first round pick at quarterback, and a NFL player at running back when they made the National title game. I’m happy they got Betts but that’s one guy that may or may not be good in college. A couple posters always throw his name out and say look we got this one guy. If anyone expresses realistic concerns they get told they are wrong by the same three or four people over and over and over again . So far you guys have been wrong on about 98% of what you’ve said about recruiting. They are all awesome according to the experts. Yeah last time I looked Nebraska is three years without a bowl game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back