• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star WR Alante Brown Will OV On December 11

I also get that it would be better to get a few big bodied wide receivers but there is a limited amount of those guys out there. I personally would rather we take a 5'10" guy that we rate an 8/10 vs a 6'4" that we rate a 6. In other words we shouldnt just take a big bodied receiver for the sake of taking one and if you cant get one that is ideal I have no problem with us replacing that slot with another 5'10" with huge upside and try to find the other guy next year rather then settling or leaving the spot open.

I also get that it would be better to get a few big bodied wide receivers but there is a limited amount of those guys out there. I personally would rather we take a 5'10" guy that we rate an 8/10 vs a 6'4" that we rate a 6. In other words we shouldnt just take a big bodied receiver for the sake of taking one and if you cant get one that is ideal I have no problem with us replacing that slot with another 5'10" with huge upside and try to find the other guy next year rather then settling or leaving the spot open.

Definitely. We need at least 4-5 receivers on the roster in addition to our RB's and TE's. It's more important that we have guys with talent than that we have guys who are just big.

That said, I think Frost needs to figure out some things to simplify matters for his QB's. Having a big target out there can be a safety blanket for the QB, I also think we tend to be able to recruit very good TE's, so some more creativity with that seems to make a lot of sense.

Doesn't Frost like TEs who are tweeners (ala Chris Hickman)? If you have guys like that, it isn't as important to go after tall receivers.

I definitely agree that we want the best possible player regardless of size. I don’t want to see a bunch of projects.

Nah there where a couple posters that take digs at people. Your not one of them. I’m not fired up really. Then again I’ve been fired up since Iowa! I had to stay away for a couple days after that game. I’m just having husker withdrawals.
Yeah not having a bowl game makes the year hard. Still a bunch of football going on without us being involved :(

Some of you get ridiculous when anyone disagrees with you. I’m glad they are recruiting this kid. All anyone is saying is you need some big bodies at wide receiver. Oregon since that’s the example given had four wide receivers at 6’3”, two 6’5” tight ends, first round pick at quarterback, and a NFL player at running back when they made the National title game. I’m happy they got Betts but that’s one guy that may or may not be good in college. A couple posters always throw his name out and say look we got this one guy. If anyone expresses realistic concerns they get told they are wrong by the same three or four people over and over and over again . So far you guys have been wrong on about 98% of what you’ve said about recruiting. They are all awesome according to the experts. Yeah last time I looked Nebraska is three years without a bowl game.

You are wrong. You are wrong. You are wrong. (just wanted to add to the list of 3-4 people) :)

I will take all the talent we can get that is ready to bring IT.
That being said, not all LBs are built the same so why wouldn't WR. Think about how big WRs can more naturally talk on bigger defenders on perimeter blocking, create mismatches on routes, catch radius. We should be wanting quality and balance I would think. If you have that, then the little bouncy dudes can rip some they wouldn't get initially would be the hope.
Dictating some man or zone setups situationally would be nice also.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back