• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star Safety Noa Pola-Gates is N (Signed LOI in December Officially Announced by NU tonight)

Yup which is why no schools other than Nebraska contacted or visited him (after the Dead Period) after 19 December.

RR, I'm curious how that works. Once the LOI is signed, does he notify the other schools that he has signed one? How do the other teams know to stop contact?

I guess other schools would have nothing to gain by releasing the info. Maybe keeping it quiet helps them not to lose other kids to same school

RR, I'm curious how that works. Once the LOI is signed, does he notify the other schools that he has signed one? How do the other teams know to stop contact?

From what I have gathered here on HM is there is a NCAA database that the schools file the names of those who have signed NLI. Then USC and ASU just look up his name before they call and see, whoops, can't talk to this dude. NPG is not their recruit so they can't talk about it as a school. Nebraska could have sent out a tweet once he signed, or acknowledged, but the request was to let him announce a Polynesian bowl so Nebraska chose not to say anything out of respect for those wishes.

Everyone sorta had it figured out that since no one was visiting him he must have signed with Nebraska. ASU writer posted info to 247, spoiling his announcement to the masses.

@HoustonIamAProblem took a imgur screen shot, and posted that info and everyone got all high and mighty about it and now that poster and "sources" will have to find other outlets. (High and mighty was an easy thing to be as the post was a complete, obvious violation of HM board rules)

Pretty much sums it up. Many believe NPG and cousin Matthew are going to be a package, but Matt hasn't been on campus yet, but his coming to Lincoln this weekend with NPG.

In Summary: HuskerNation is happy, and talking about laying Polynesian pipe.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

Paperwork is submitted to the NCAA. Once that is done no other schools can contact or visit him. Data base is viewable by all schools.

I would assume he notified the schools that he was going to sign with Nebraska. Pretty much standard

Last edited:
Paperwork is submitted to the NCAA. Once that is done no other schools can contact or visit him. Data base is viewable by all schools.

I would assume he notified the schools that he was going to sign with Nebraska. Pretty much standard

I assume the data base is only available to the schools and not the media? Honestly, I don't follow visits as closely as N2FL, *** & RR, so I just thought he was a heavy Nebraska lean. The way the whole thing played out has to speak for Nebraska and Frost's credibility with the kids.

I assume the data base is only available to the schools and not the media? Honestly, I don't follow visits as closely as N2FL, *** & RR, so I just thought he was a heavy Nebraska lean. The way the whole thing played out has to speak for Nebraska and Frost's credibility with the kids.

Correct only the schools

From what I have gathered here on HM is there is a NCAA database that the schools file the names of those who have signed NLI. Then USC and ASU just look up his name before they call and see, whoops, can't talk to this dude. NPG is not their recruit so they can't talk about it as a school. Nebraska could have sent out a tweet once he signed, or acknowledged, but the request was to let him announce a Polynesian bowl so Nebraska chose not to say anything out of respect for those wishes.

Everyone sorta had it figured out that since no one was visiting him he must have signed with Nebraska. ASU writer posted info to 247, spoiling his announcement to the masses.

@HoustonIamAProblem took a imgur screen shot, and posted that info and everyone got all high and mighty about it and now that poster and "sources" will have to find other outlets. (High and mighty was an easy thing to be as the post was a complete, obvious violation of HM board rules)

Pretty much sums it up. Many believe NPG and cousin Matthew are going to be a package, but Matt hasn't been on campus yet, but his coming to Lincoln this weekend with NPG.

In Summary: HuskerNation is happy, and talking about laying Polynesian pipe.

Did I miss anything?
:Lol: True story, except for maybe the "Pipe" thing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back