• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star Safety Noa Pola-Gates is N (Signed LOI in December Officially Announced by NU tonight)

So did he say he signed on 12/19? Who did he say it to? I’m curious

He is officially a Nebraska Cornhusker. The school acknowledged that last night. Which means he signed an LOI during the early signing period of 19 -21 December 2018.

Several posts in this thread have featured the tweet released by the school acknowledging as such. Its a done deal

He did not have to say the school did it for him

He is officially a Nebraska Cornhusker. The school acknowledged that last night. Which means he signed an LOI during the early signing period of 19 -21 December 2018.

Several posts in this thread have featured the tweet released by the school acknowledging as such. Its a done deal

He did not have to say the school did it for him

Ok thanks for the explanation

A few thoughts:

- Noa is another high-profile recruit that we were trailing for once upon a time. Like Benhart, another school was in the driver’s seat for a while and a few months back, none of us really thought we’d nab him. He was considered a long shot. Noa is another example of how great a recruiting staff we have.

- I have been hoping for years we can start luring in Polynesian players again. We had a good crop for a while – Raiola, Fonoti, Tony Tata (retired due to injury), Dan Vili-Waldrop, Junior Tagoa’I – and almost all were good productive players for us. But after 2003 we couldn’t lure any more in and missed out on some really great ones like Deuce Lutui (All-American OG at USC) as they tend to gravitate to schools with a Polynesian population like Utah, Oregon, and USC.

- I hope we can land his cousin Matthew Pola-Mao as well. He’s the nose tackle prospect we’re missing in this class.

- Arizona is a state that’s been very kind to us in the past as most of the players we’ve gotten from there have been hits. From that 2007 haul only William Yancy was a miss.

- It’s still possible we land in the final Top 15 on Rivals. Many of us have been pointing to 2020’s class as the year we’ll finally bring in a top 15 haul but it could actually happen this year. After going 4-8 in two consecutive years, that’s really impressive. Can’t wait to see how well we do when we start winning big again.

Haven’t gotten a chance to watch his tapes much, but are we seeing him as somebody who could have the versatility that Eric Hagg did?

Haven’t gotten a chance to watch his tapes much, but are we seeing him as somebody who could have the versatility that Eric Hagg did?
Very much so. Has potential to play both corner (athleticism) and safety (ability to play in a space as well as inside the box). Not to mention, he could be a candidate to play the nickel.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back