• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star RB Ronald Thompkins ll is 'N' Update: Has Qualified Will Be On Campus Tomorrow

"Alabama was the other school recruiting him the hardest. They loved him. They loved his versatility and what he could do in their offense," Watson said. "TJ Yeldon is who he reminded Bama of. I told them today that he was committing to Nebraska and they were like 'damn we really liked him.'"

:Hooray:

Also trying to come up next Friday.

As a novice in this, I can't judge film too well (what I saw looked great to me). But, his offer sheet is remarkable - so those in the know are obviously impressed. Is anyone else surprised that we have 3 RBs in the class? Is this to be expected given Frost's offensive scheme where backs can be split out?

Not surprised at all by this...the scheme lends itself to this as you mentioned, but with two seniors on this year's team as well as the uncertainty of Bryant's return, this makes sense. Also, don't forget about Washington and his academic challenges.

Never is, but I think SF is requiring them to be clear about their commitment. LSU, et al, won’t stop though, so neither can we.

Seems to be the case. It will be interesting to see if we have significantly fewer de-commits throughout this recruiting cycle. I hope that's how it turns out.

Not surprised at all by this...the scheme lends itself to this as you mentioned, but with two seniors on this year's team as well as the uncertainty of Bryant's return, this makes sense. Also, don't forget about Washington and his academic challenges.
Great points. Speaking of Washington. I wonder when we'll find out about his status?

The bolded is why the NU class currently sits 9th.

I much prefer the ability of this staff to find kids and get them committed in an under-the-radar way, than the past "celebrations" which were often premature.

Quantity is part of it, but we are only ranked 6th when it comes to average star ranking. I’m not going to get bent out of shape about it because Piper hurts us a bit, but he’s an in state kid, we will have higher ranked guys visit, and Thompkins May get a bump from an injury free season. Plus,

Great points. Speaking of Washington. I wonder when we'll find out about his status?

I thought last month they said he wouldn’t have his core credits done, which would require an academic waiver. If he gets the waiver, he counts against the 2018 85, but can’t play until 2019.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back