• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-Star QB Luke McCaffrey is N (from Valor Christian, CO)

Very excited about this commitment for so many reasons, including:
  • a 4* class QB on board in early June
  • taking the top player in Colorado
  • actually getting a member of the McCaffrey family to play here (I think we got brief looks from Christian and Dylan but were never really in contention)
  • highly unlikely that he wavers or de-commits... it's not how his family does business
  • name recognition adds credibility for the new staff (not that they were lacking it) and will help with peer recruiting
  • can likely get on the field at RB, Duck-R, and/or kick returner early on if Martinez or Gebbia end up as a 4-year starter
  • Luke's father will likely be coaching a lot of high-end D-1 prospects at Valor over the next few years

The big thing to me, as stated by Beareye, is that he's unlikely to waver from his commitment. I'm certain his parents and siblings spoke with him about the necessity of finding a place and sticking there. This isn't some wavering star who will slow play us until signing day.

Score.

If Martinez ends up being the trigger man, I can only imagine the play calling possibilities with him and McCaffrey on the field together.

Last edited:

I loved this quote from Verduzco in the linked article.

Verduzco said. “Coach Frost and I feel like if a guy has some issues — (Milton) had some issues when he first came — we’ll get them corrected. We have the drill work that is designed to first diagnose the problem, then you got drills that are designed to medicate, train and polish his stroke.”

Man is that a breath of fresh air. I feel like our QBs have been so underdeveloped technically speaking lately.

I loved this quote from Verduzco in the linked article.

Man is that a breath of fresh air. I feel like our QBs have been so underdeveloped technically speaking lately.

Uh - yeah. Reference the recent quotes coming out of Tanner Lee's camp...nice young man, but NU coaches appear to have whiffed in both the selection and the development of T.L...

On Tanner Lee of the Jacksonville Jaguars: “As expected, Lee has been up and down, which pretty much summed up his career at Nebraska. He has had some issues taking the snap under center and air-mailed several easy passes, including a swing pass to a running back that should be an easy completion for an NFL quarterback. He also has been picked off twice. He seems destined for the practice squad.”

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_77fad7f4-12a7-53e3-a6e4-13d6c09ee9f5.html

Last edited:
Great news!! I was wondering if Luke would be willing to buck the trend of his family all going to highly-rated academic institutions.
:Huskerflag:

Does anyone know if he will be early enrollee?
One of the articles said he has the class work to graduate early but he is discussing it with his parents. Gave me the impression that maybe his parents wanted him to stay till the end of the year. Again that is my assumption based on what he said.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back