• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star OT Bryce Benhart is N (Composite 4 Star) MN Wrestling State Champ

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/nebraska-lands-commitment-from-4-star-ot-bryce-benhart

“He’s naturally larger than any other human that I’ve coached but he’s also a hard worker and extremely athletic because of his wrestling background,” Lakeville North football coach Brian Vossen told 247Sports. “He covers so much space for somebody to get around him. Sometimes just a one-armed shove takes them out.

“Most of the big-time linemen that have come out of Minnesota look a certain way. They carry 300 different than Bryce. He’s lean. You look at him and say you’re 305, you can be 380. I’m not saying people will ever want him to be that big. We have two other kids on the team over 300 and they look very different than Bryce. He’s still skinny.”

His rating on Rivals is a freaking joke. I could argue he's a five-star player. I really think this kid has a legit NFL future. This is a huge pickup. When you grab a kid out of the midwest who is a priority recruit for teams like Michigan and Wisconsin, you're pulling in a top talent.

From the link...
Benhart announced his commitment Sunday night, marking a major victory for the future of NU’s offensive line and coach Scott Frost’s staff. He is the nation’s No. 187 overall prospect, according to the 247Sports composite and held offers from the likes of Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma and more.

The Huskers beat them all, father Gene Benhart said, because of their coaches.

“They’re real people,” said the elder Benhart, who played in the NFL and played and coached at Western Illinois. “There’s no pressure. They tell you how it is. They need Bryce. They want Bryce.”

And Frost made sure the Benharts knew it. In January, he took the lead on Benhart’s recruitment. Offensive line coach Greg Austin built a relationship, too.

“Obviously, it meant a lot to Bryce,” said Gene Benhart, who spoke Sunday night because his son was unavailable.

Frost’s approach was a change from former coach Mike Riley’s two-minute “enjoy the process” conversation with the Benhart family at a Friday Night Lights camp the previous summer. The family liked Nebraska’s facilities, fans and tradition. Mom and dad appreciated that the school was within driving distance.

Last edited:

With his frame and footwork I can see him playing either side, curious as to where the staff thinks he’ll slot into first as Jaimes is a technician with a quickness drop step but farniok is a mauler that a shirt he turned the corner so did our running game. With both being young but Benhart having such tremendous upside it’s a good a problem to him have but I’m curious to see how it plays out.

Well, I remember a lean OL guy from MN that led NU in offsides/offensive holding penalties (Lydon Murtha).

h785DE9A9.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back