• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 star OL Turner Corcoran is N ( 4-Star/#55 Ranked (Composite) in the country) Update: Now #31

Not wanting to get into a big philosophical debate here, but is there any part that thinks that coaches salaries are a bit out of whack? I don't mean that to be nasty and I get the money coming in to the Universities (or a least some of them), but it just seems like it is a bit excessive.

That being said you are right, if BV is happy being a DC then pay the dude and keep the machine rolling along.
No, you are exactly right. I guess the market dictates but it seems so out of proportion to the limited importance of sports in general. I love college football but $6M a year to coach a game to 18-22 year olds seems so out of proportion.

That said, if SF brings home some crystal he's worth every penny and more!

No, you are exactly right. I guess the market dictates but it seems so out of proportion to the limited importance of sports in general. I love college football but $6M a year to coach a game to 18-22 year olds seems so out of proportion.

That said, if SF brings home some crystal he's worth every penny and more!
On a simple "Should the world be this way?" level,... No, it's insane that we pay grown men millions of dollars to get other young men to be better at a sport with a lot of strange rules and equipment.

From the perspective of an investment, winning big at big-time programs pays all of the other bills, so you want to hire a coach who can do that without cheating (or at least getting caught), so millions of dollars it is.

On a simple "Should the world be this way?" level,... No, it's insane that we pay grown men millions of dollars to get other young men to be better at a sport with a lot of strange rules and equipment.

From the perspective of an investment, winning big at big-time programs pays all of the other bills, so you want to hire a coach who can do that without cheating (or at least getting caught), so millions of dollars it is.

True...

I assume based on rivals score or some other rankings they are creating a list of all-time trying to compare years? Talk about a recruiting ranking list I have little faith in. Sounds like a fool's errand to me.

Last edited:
I assume based on rivals score or some other rankings they are creating a list of all-time trying to compare years? Talk about a recruiting ranking list I have little faith in. Sounds like a fool's errand to me.
You should check out my podcast where I rank the all-time best grilled cheese sandwiches that I've ever eaten. Let's just say 2013 was a VERY good year for grilled cheese: happy cows = delicious cheese. Muenster with horseradish on marble rye is a solid 4-star.

You should check out my podcast where I rank the all-time best grilled cheese sandwiches that I've ever eaten. Let's just say 2013 was a VERY good year for grilled cheese: happy cows = delicious cheese. Muenster with horseradish on marble rye is a solid 4-star.
That 4-star ranking was brought to you by...

MABC - I always enjoy reading your analysis, insightful and makes me concentrate on details. BUT, your grilled cheese recommendation might be the best I've seen. I will try such a sandwich very soon, thanks. Only wish grandpa was still here to make some of his homemade horseradish - so good it would bring tears to your eyes !

MABC - I always enjoy reading your analysis, insightful and makes me concentrate on details. BUT, your grilled cheese recommendation might be the best I've seen. I will try such a sandwich very soon, thanks. Only wish grandpa was still here to make some of his homemade horseradish - so good it would bring tears to your eyes !
Use lots of butter or the bread will sometimes dry out. It's a riot of flavors.

Only wish grandpa was still here to make some of his homemade horseradish - so good it would bring tears to your eyes !
Fwiw, I'm growing my own horseradish this year. A friend of mine had a grandfather who used to have to wear a gas mask when he canned it; that sounds about right. I'm going to need to find a gas mask.

I hope to be in Lincoln for the fish-fry this fall. Can I trade some walleye fillets for your homemade horseradish? I might have some extra fresh salmon if that would be your preference.

I hope to be in Lincoln for the fish-fry this fall. Can I trade some walleye fillets for your homemade horseradish? I might have some extra fresh salmon if that would be your preference.
You know the saying "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched?" Well, let me grow some horeseradish and see how it turns out before I get anyone's hopes up as far as what it will be like. I was given a horseradish plant late last summer, so I planted it, and instead of harvesting it, I split the root 5 ways to plant 5 new ones for this year. They're growing and looking healthy, but it's still all questions and no answers.

If it turns out okay, we'll figure out a way to get you some.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back