• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 star OL Chris Akporoghene commits to Tennessee

Gotta like them getting an early start on a kid like Jaeden Roberts (2021 kid out of Kansas). He's going to be one of the top linemen in this area in his class. Nebraska will hopefully have 3-years invested in him by the time he makes a decision. Location and his relationship to the coaches is going to be huge. Teams like Texas, Oklahoma, etc. will jump on board soon enough. IMPO Nebraska should offer ASAP and get a head start on this kid. He's going to be a hot commodity very soon.

Gotta like them getting an early start on a kid like Jaeden Roberts (2021 kid out of Kansas). He's going to be one of the top linemen in this area in his class. Nebraska will hopefully have 3-years invested in him by the time he makes a decision. Location and his relationship to the coaches is going to be huge. Teams like Texas, Oklahoma, etc. will jump on board soon enough. IMPO Nebraska should offer ASAP and get a head start on this kid. He's going to be a hot commodity very soon.
Man id love to do what you do, you should get a job as a Husker recruiter, lol.

To expand a bit on current and future o-line recruiting...

I dont think I am out of line by saying 2019 kids like Danielson Ike (Missouri) and Grant Treiber (South Dakota) should be regarded as some of the top priorities in the entire class.

It's so difficult to find and recruit top linemen, both offensive and defensive. Top guys are almost always national recruits, even moreso than other position groups. They are in demand more than any other position IMPO. Nobody has a better historic reputation with offensive linemen than Nebraska. Schools like Wisconsin and Stanford have taken that mantle recently, but Nebraska can still get it back. Having kids in their 250-500 mile radius that are border state kids even is a huge advantage. Location is and always will be the No. 1 factor for the majority of kids when it comes to recruiting. Husker fans should know this more than most. You guys make tons of top 5, top 8 etc. lists but more times than not lose out on a kid to a school closer to home. There have been several examples of kids who "all things being equal" would have chose Nebraska over another school, but Lincoln was just too far away. Kids and their parents like the idea of having family capable of attending (at least) their home games.

Kids like Corcoran (Kansas), Andrew Gentry and Reece Atteberry (Colorado) have to be at the top of their board for 2020. These are consensus four-star kids who will be some of the best linemen in the region and nationally as well. The staff has already gotten visit(s) from Corcoran and Atteberry.

This offense has already shown how attractive it is to position players. Wait until they get their offense clicking UCF-style in a year or two. Quarterbacks, tailbacks and receivers will be falling over themselves to play for Frost. It'll be just like it was when Kelly and Frost were at Oregon and getting an offer from the Ducks was one of the most coveted offers a kid could get. Getting skill position talent wont be a problem for this team. Getting the stud linemen is going to determine if they can consistently line up and beat teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Wisconsin annually to take the next step from a 9-4 'Pelini' sort of ceiling team, to a team that wins 10, 11 a year and is playing the Buckeyes in Indianapolis with a shot at a playoff birth.

I completely agree. Top OL (and DL) that are local should be at the very top of the board every year. EVERY year.

As for the bolded, that is the reason for the previous sentence.

Great kid. Decision coming sometime in the next 3-4 weeks. Plans to OV to Lincoln this Fall. Coach Austin talking to him 3-4 times a week. Gave no indication he was leaning to any team. Oh and will graduate in December and enroll in January

Hasn't personally met Greg Austin, will visit Nebraska for the first time in the fall, but committing in July? Consider me surprised if he commits to NU.
If I had to guess from reading articles, he'll be committing to Tennessee or Oregon on July 24th. Based off his proximity and family love for Tennessee, and the recent visit to Oregon.

Last edited:
Normally don't care much for top 5's, but we are in on a lot of them for four star OL. I have a feeling Austin is going to pull in a very good class.

Someone needs to rearrange those letters and make it...DukeOregonNU'Tenn, then the

images

...it was funny for me anyway. GBR!!!
Okay.... you beat me to it, obviously. But I was going to say, If you rearrange it correctly, it would spell DONT Texas. Texas Texas.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back